Utilities Maintenance Technician II
College Station, Texas
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and repair of electrical circuits, electrical distribution systems, control circuits, wiring and lighting systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical and control issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Be able to inspect, repair and replace electrical components, electrical wiring and fixtures.
- Be able to read electrical and control diagrams and blueprints.
- Follow National Electrical Code and state and local regulations.
- Responsible for providing operational, maintenance, and troubleshooting support for utilities equipment and other systems as needed.
- Able to perform routine repair and maintenance functions with little supervision and to provide support to other technicians, specialized maintenance contractors or OEM on more complex equipment interventions.
- Perform daily work order activities per planning and scheduling.
- Assist with troubleshooting of equipment issues including mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation as required.
- Support equipment IQ/OQ/PQ or any other validation startup activity as required.
- Ensure accurate documentation of maintenance activities such as PM, CM and emergency work orders through adherence of cGDPs.
- Support Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) activities including condition monitoring and predictive technologies as applicable.
- Understand and communicate with others regarding the condition of the systems and the possible effects of failure modes.
- Able to work with other contractors, engineers, validations and quality control personnel regarding changes or improvements to the systems.
- Be able to write or assist with SOPs, JHAs, HECPs and preventive maintenance procedures for utilities equipment.
- Strict adherence to EH&S guidelines and policies to ensure safely operation of the equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance, as set forth in internal quality protocols and SOPs including cGMP and FDA regulatory guidelines, within the areas of responsibility.
- Comply with Quality System requirements for Deviations and Change Controls when required.
- Maintain all mandatory training requirements current, ensuring compliance to site procedures and job performance qualifications.
- Demonstrate continuous personal pursuit to increasing job knowledge, proficiency in technical understanding, and problem solving abilities.
- Maintain a positive, professional, and customer oriented attitude.
- Communicate concerns related to safe work practices, hostile work environment, or any other type of employee misconduct directly to the Supervisor, Manager, or Human Resources.
- Maintenance support to other utility systems, including but not limited to fermenters, bioreactors, tanks, chromatography columns, filtration skids, centrifuges, autoclaves, washers, agitators, etc. may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong mechanical, electrical and instrumentation knowledge of equipment, using P&IDs, equipment manuals, specifications, SOPs, and be able to use proper judgment when taking corrective actions during equipment malfunctions.
- Strong technical troubleshooting / problem solving skills. Possess or have the ability to gain knowledge with respect to the operation and maintenance of various utility systems.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of typical maintenance tasks, including PM, troubleshooting systemic problems such as pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, electronic and ladder logic programming. General principles of engineering, operations and maintaining equipment and the tools and equipment required to perform many of the daily maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge on how to properly use multiple types of test instruments that are utilized for installing, testing and troubleshooting electrical power and control circuits.
- Able to develop clear and correct maintenance procedures for technical/utility equipment using the OEM manual and some system knowledge.
- Possess or have the ability to gain knowledge of NFPA 70E requirements for safe work practices.
- Possess or have the ability to gain knowledge of FDA, OSHA, EH&S, EPA, and state of Texas requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, be self-motivated and possess interpersonal skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively with little supervision when needed.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, state of the art, alternately research and customized manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as well as use of Computerized Maintenance Management System, CMMS.
- Knowledge of cGMP and cGDP requirements and procedures predisposed to documentation of work performed, documenting non-conformance conditions and maintaining clean work areas.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate portable tools, test instruments, as well as a computer keyboard, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Have a normal range of vision.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- This position may include On-Call response for Facility issues.
- Be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- This position will be on-call for maintenance rounds and issues in rotation with other technicians.
- This position may require coverage of different shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Attendance is mandatory
- Associate Degree in Engineering, Maintenance, or related field, with two (2) years of relevant maintenance work experience in a bio-pharma research, manufacturing facility or related industry with the above listed equipment; OR
- High School Diploma with some additional technical education or training in a college or university plus four (4) years of relevant maintenance work experience in a bio-pharma research, manufacturing facility or related industry with the above listed equipment.
- Journeyman electrical license or apprentice electrician
- Refrigeration technician license.
- Experience in other maintenance trades highly desirable. Example, experience with Bioreactors, Chromatography Columns, Filtration Skids, Centrifuges, Autoclaves, etc.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.