Technical Project Leader
Billingham, Teesside, United Kingdom
Grade – 34 – 35
Salary – £40,518 – £56,985
Contract – Permanent
Post Ref – 2021ATR114
We are different. We strive for better. Our people never settle for the status quo and as you push the boundaries of your potential, you not only change your life, you change others’ too.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for both Technical Project Leaders and Senior Technical Project Leaders to join the Company.
Role and Responsibilities
- Accountable for the delivery of challenging technical elements of a PD program by the application of scientific knowledge, project management and leadership skills.
- Direct the work of multi-disciplinary teams and ensure that project milestones are met on time and to budget, thus ensuring that program margins are achieved.
- Be the primary technical point of call for the Customer on a program, guiding and informing them through the Project stages from Tech Transfer through to GMP manufacture.
Qualification and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in biological sciences and substantial experience in academia or industry, either in an R&D or manufacturing environment related to biological sciences. We are looking for a highly capable individual who can demonstrate a thorough understanding of protein biochemistry and recombinant protein expression as well as experience of leading and managing technical project teams. Experience or awareness of cGMP and the development and approvals process for Biologics would be an advantage.
We are a dynamic global company and our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
We are growing and we are growing fast. With sites in Billingham & Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA, the size and breadth of our business will open up huge opportunities for you, whether you want to move to a different role in the UK, relocate, or progress and take on more responsibility.
Our teams are proud to partner with innovative companies reimagining what’s possible in biopharmaceuticals. Every day at FDB is a day for improvement, each challenge is an opportunity for growth, and every moment is a chance to evolve together.
Why work with us?
At FDB, your passion – your Genki – is your power and we empower you to define what Genki means to you.
When you join us, we will train, develop and support you to become the best you can possibly be. We offer a structured new starter induction programme as well as on-going development training. In addition to this, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, healthcare, bikes, dental etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
Please send completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 30th April 2021.
If you have not heard from us 4 weeks’ after closing date, please assume you have unfortunately been unsuccessful.