Site Head – Viral Gene Therapy – Boston
The job holder will build, inspire, lead, and manage Viral Gene Therapy process development and early stage cGMP manufacturing group at our Boston site.
- Lead the establishment of the facility and the team, including hiring of staff and capital deployment enabling a fully functional service offering from the Boston site
- Ensure competitive excellence in VGT process development and manufacturing science.
- Ensure the effective operation, organization, and delivery of site VGT business targets.
- Ensure the team works safely within FDB’s EH&S policies
- Ensure the team operates within the FDB Quality Management System.
- Engage and align with the global FDB Viral Gene Therapy science and manufacturing communities, aligning and standardizing operations, procedures and customer experience where feasible.
- Contribute, support and collaborate with the Viral Gene Therapy Business Steering Group on behalf of the site
- Support the sales and marketing activities to attract secure, and retain client programs
- Develop and grow the technical contacts and relationship with the local community on behalf of FDB.
- D. degree preferably in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field, with at least 12 years’ GMP experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry of which at least 5 years of management/supervisory experience OR;
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field with at least 16 years’ GMP experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry of which at least 5 years of management/supervisory experience.
- Matrix management experience.
- Previous experience in a Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) environment
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3500.