Senior Refrigeration Technician
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We’re growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside and learn from some of the most dedicated scientists, engineers, and manufacturers in the industry. We’re proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive—what FDB calls Genki. Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At FDB, you determine what’s possible.
The Senior HVAC Technician works corrective and preventative maintenance of HVAC, refrigeration and mechanical equipment. Installation and operation of HVAC/Refrigeration equipment.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- General maintenance and repair of HVAC/R equipment
- Monitoring of HVAC/R equipment performance
- Support HEPA filter maintenance and certification program
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks for HVAC/R equipment
- Respond to BMS/DCS alarms related to HVAC/R equipment
- Support a refrigerant management program for control of refrigerants
- Troubleshoot and diagnose the malfunction within a HVAC/R system and makes all necessary repairs
- Supports maintenance planning group in making spare part determination for HVAC/R equipment
- Operate utility equipment such as chillers, air handling units, freezers, cold rooms, incubators, stability chambers, and refrigeration cascade systems
- Support project engineering with design/installation/validation of new HVAC/Refrigeration systems
- Develop written instructions for preventative maintenance tasks and SOPs
- Be proficient in basic maintenance crafts such as pipefitting, soldiering, refrigerant recovery
- Support plant operations during off hours if needed
- Document work on work orders
- Support cGMP standards as required
- Adhere to all safety requirements and follow safe procedures, immediately notifying management or Safety when unsafe conditions or potential hazards are found: attend all required safety and health training, including handling hazardous waste when necessary
Reports in to line manager
- HS and 12+ years industrial/mechanical experience or equivalent
- Possess an EPA Certified Universal Refrigerant License
- Knowledge of cascade refrigeration units
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.