Senior Director, Global Alliance Management
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Sr. Director, Global Alliance Manager will support the Executive Director, Global Alliance Manager and CBO in development, maintenance and execution of strategies to strengthen existing relationships and foster new relationships with Pharma and Key Accounts (P&K) to support the continued growth of FDB.
Accounts with Strategic or Key designation will be for Europe but will not limited by a geographical territory and will be determined by the Commercial Leadership Team and shall include Pharma Accounts as well as Large Biotech Accounts with Strategic value to FDB.
This is a global position that will support all four sites (FDBU, FDBT, FDBK, and FDBD) and will report into FDBU. The ideal candidate for this role will be located in the Northeast. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based from and considered your home site.
- Work with Executive Director, Global Alliance Manager to develop and implement strategies to support the growth of FDB aligned with the near term, mid-term and long term plans.
2. Develop and nurture deep relationships with Pharma & key accounts to increase the probability of FDB being selected as the preferred supplier of outsourced work that fits within the current FDB service portfolio.
3. Leverage relationships with Pharma and Key accounts to identify trends and needs of the market and provide feedback to the FDB Strategic Business Development group to support continued investment and business diversification.
4. Organize and Lead Joint Steering Committee (JSC) meetings for P&K Accounts as well as attend relevant Joint Project Team Meetings as necessary.
5. Work with broader commercial team and Program Management teams on relationships impacted by P&K accounts.
6. Partner with the Marketing Team, to develop and implement strategies to support the growth of FDB Key Commercial Accounts.
7. Negotiation/re-negotiation commercial contracts with P&K accounts including MSA’s, CSA’s, Scopes (as appropriate), equipment/capital purchases, etc.
8. Coordinate and Lead major on site customer visits.
9. Establish and maintain horizontal and vertical relationship with P&K Accounts including C-suite, procurement, decision makers and influencers.
10. Ensure the Company Values are driven throughout the business to ensure the Company vision becomes a reality
11. Allocate leads, clients, RFP’s (requests for proposal) to Commercial Directors within Region to ensure an adequate distribution of the work load in line with individual capabilities.
12. Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Can include cross function collaborative and project team leadership assignment consistent with personal strategic, operational and technical leadership.
Overall impact to the department/business:
- Takes action to have an intended or desired effect on others.
- Effectively communicates in order to influence.
- Considers in advance the impact of actions on others and adjusts actions in order to influence.
- Acts to ensure that others will understand complex information.
- Acts to preserve longer-term work relations.
- Considers the likely reactions of others and acts to address them in planning a communication.
- Shows consideration for and responds to the feelings and needs of subordinates, peers, superiors or customers.
- Maintains people’s self-esteem in situations of criticism, disagreement, or discipline.
- Maintains people’s self-esteem when interacting with them.
- Sets specific goals for self and others.
- Establishes a clear focus and direction for unit.
- Communicates clearly and concretely the results to be achieved.
- Organises and brings resources together to help achieve an objective.
- Delegates tasks to ensure that the job gets done.
- Keeps own and others’ activities focused on key objectives.
- Determines whether results have been achieved.
- Keeps people informed about what needs to be done in the light of changes in the organisation, business situation, etc.
- Takes appropriate action to achieve objectives.
- Eliminates unnecessary risks.
- Acts to avoid unnecessary distractions from key objectives.
- Applies experience and expertise to achieve objectives.
- Seeks critical data to test a hypothesis.
- Carefully structures questions to find out more about a problem.
- Gathers key information to diagnose a problem.
- Probes for sensitive, strategic information.
- Identifies the most appropriate people possessing information relevant to a problem.
- Gets important information that others would not get.
- Gathers information from key sources in attempting to understand fully the cause of a problem.
- Talks to key people to gather information needed to make decisions or recommendations.
- Searches records or files for critical information.
- Gathers information from all key ‘stakeholders’ (i.e. people with vested interests) in a problem or task.
Minimum education required:
Relevant academic degree (Master’s or PhD)
Minimum experience required:
Essential experience >15 years of relevant senior level business (business development, sales, marketing) experience in the biopharmaceutical area and a personal network of contacts in this industry.
- Insight in / experience with IP and legal issues
- Proven ability to write business documents
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and lead in teams
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.