Senior Commercial Development Director – Drug Product
Teesside, United Kingdom
We are a trusted CDMO partner for life. At FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB), we encourage you to discover what inspires you every day, to follow your passion and your power – what we call Genki.
The work we do has the potential to transform people’s lives and to impact where it matters most. Each day is an opportunity to push the boundaries of your potential, so join us as Senior Commercial Development Director (global) and become part of a fast-growing global company, united by Genki.
This is a global position that will support all four sites (FDBU, FDBT, FDBK, and FDBD). This position can be based at any of our locations around the globe. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based from and considered your home site.
- Collaborate with the VP Commercial Development to assist in developing and executing the commercial strategy in a specific territory or technology area with near term, mid-term and long term goals and objectives.
- Directly manage CDM’s (as required) within a specific territory or technology area. Supervise and/or mentor such CDM’s to maximize their business output and assume responsibility for meeting Sales Targets assigned to a specific territory or technology area.
- Support CDM’s in commercial contracts (including MSA’s, CDA’s, general T&C’s etc.) when required either by providing advice or by playing an active role in the negotiation process.
- Proactively support the wider commercial organisation and BSG’s by providing commercial/market insights, competitive intelligence and expertise in a given territory or technology area.
- Maintain sales responsibility for a specific territory including the identification of key target customers and formulation of an individual sales strategy/activity plan for that defined territory in order to build strong personal relationships with customers and meet assigned sales targets
- Contribute to the implementation of the marketing strategy by independently attending exhibitions and conferences. Be a recognised figure externally and seen as the principal FDB contact for a given territory or technology area.
- Arrange and lead face-to-face meetings with prospective customers, either visiting them or hosting meetings at FDB sites globally
- Lead the proposal process for new projects, ensuring timely delivery and review of the proposal by the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Lead the negotiation of commercial agreements including complex/high impact contracts such as strategic collaborations and CSA’s.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the market/competitive landscape in a given territory or technology area.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
We are a dynamic global company and our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
We are growing and we are growing fast. With sites in Billingham & Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA, the size and breadth of our business will open up huge opportunities for you, whether you want to move to a different role in the UK, relocate, or progress and take on more responsibility.
Our teams are proud to partner with innovative companies reimagining what’s possible in biopharmaceuticals. Every day at FDB is a day for improvement, each challenge is an opportunity for growth, and every moment is a chance to evolve together.
Why work with us?
At FDB, your passion – your Genki – is your power and we empower you to define what Genki means to you.
When you join us, we will train, develop and support you to become the best you can possibly be. We offer a structured new starter induction programme as well as on-going development training. In addition to this, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, healthcare, bikes, dental etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
For further information, please view the job description attached in this advert.
For completed applications, please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org