Senior Commercial Development Director, Drug Product
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies has never been more important – and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We’re growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside and learn from some of the most dedicated scientists, engineers, and manufacturers in the industry. We’re proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive—what FDB calls Genki. Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At FDB, you determine what’s possible.
As we grow our community, our capacity, and capabilities significantly in the next year, we’re looking for passionate people to join our global team.
This is a global position that will support all four sites (FDBU, FDBT, FDBK, and FDBD). This position can be based at any of our locations around the globe. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based from and considered your home site.
- Collaborate with the VP Commercial Development to assist in developing and executing the commercial strategy in a specific territory or technology area with near term, mid-term and long term goals and objectives.
- Directly manage CDM’s (as required) within a specific territory or technology area. Supervise and/or mentor such CDM’s to maximize their business output and assume responsibility for meeting Sales Targets assigned to a specific territory or technology area.
- Support CDM’s in commercial contracts (including MSA’s, CDA’s, general T&C’s etc.) when required either by providing advice or by playing an active role in the negotiation process.
- Proactively support the wider commercial organisation and BSG’s by providing commercial/market insights, competitive intelligence and expertise in a given territory or technology area.
- Maintain sales responsibility for a specific territory including the identification of key target customers and formulation of an individual sales strategy/activity plan for that defined territory in order to build strong personal relationships with customers and meet assigned sales targets
- Contribute to the implementation of the marketing strategy by independently attending exhibitions and conferences. Be a recognised figure externally and seen as the principal FDB contact for a given territory or technology area.
- Arrange and lead face-to-face meetings with prospective customers, either visiting them or hosting meetings at FDB sites globally
- Lead the proposal process for new projects, ensuring timely delivery and review of the proposal by the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Lead the negotiation of commercial agreements including complex/high impact contracts such as strategic collaborations and CSA’s.
- Maintain an excellent working knowledge of the market/competitive landscape in a given territory or technology area.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- An experienced business development professional – >7 years of relevant senior level business (business development, sales, marketing) experience in the biopharmaceutical area and a personal network of contacts in this industry
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant life science.
- Advanced degree (Masters, PhD or MBA) desirable
- Proven track record in a specific technology area/territory & excellent working knowledge
- Proven negotiation & presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and lead in teams
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (up to 50%).
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and
source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.