Senior Automation Engineer
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Senior Automation Engineer is a mid-level position in the Automation Engineering department of FDBU. This position will directly report to the Associate Director, Engineering, but may also have a functional reporting relationship to a senior colleague on a project to project basis.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers
- Support capital projects by providing automation expertise (15%)
- Wide latitude for independent judgment (5%)
- Execute self-directed automation projects (5%)
- Prepare automation project justifications (5%)
- Manage small complex automation projects (5%)
- Ability to supervise the activities of contractor(s) as required (5%)
- Application of automation engineering design principles (5%)
- Demonstrate automation problem solving and troubleshooting equipment and systems (5%)
- Identify automation improvements and implement (5%)
- Support the development of automation operation policies (5%)
- Perform back-ups of the DCS and BMS systems (5%)
- Develop Automation SOPs and automation engineering documents (5%)
- Apply GMP/Safety, sops, discipline practices, terminology (5%)
- Other duties as assigned (5%)
The Senior Automation Engineer will be expected to attend all internal hands-on training for the SOP’s in the curriculum assigned to the position.
BSc. degree or equivalent; or seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Senior Automation Engineer is a mid-level position in the Automation Engineering department of FDBU, requiring five years of GMP experience.
The Automation Engineering department provides 24 hour support for manufacturing. This position will be required to support a rotating on-call responsibility.
The Major Equipment and Systems that are supported include:
DCS manufactured by Asea Brown Boveri (ABB)
BMS manufactured by Johnson Controls Inc. (JCI)
PLC’s manufactured by Allen Bradley-Rockwell Automation
PLC’s manufactured by siemens
LPC Skids manufactured by GE Healthcare single Use Equipment by various manufacturers, including Xcellerex and Sartorius.
Ability to work in a cross functional team environment
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.