Billingham, Teesside, United Kingdom
Research Scientist – USP Microbial Operations x2
Grade – 30-32
Salary – £23,427 – £37,056
Contract – Permanent
Post Ref – 2020ATR424-2021ATR001
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB) changes lives, and our united passion for advancing tomorrow’s medicines – our Genki – will always be our driving force.
Whilst working as a Research Scientist USP Microbial Operations in the Process Development team, you’ll be joining other motivated individuals who fuel one another’s passions and embrace every day as an opportunity.
The Research Scientist is primarily a laboratory-based role involved in microbial fermentation and primary recovery operations for the development of processes for customers. The role involves:
- Preparation and operation of a variety of Fermentation equipment, including peripherals such as pumps and balances.
- Preparation and operation of Primary recovery equipment.
- Ordering of raw materials.
- Post operation cleaning and sanitising.
- Lab book write-ups and internal presentations.
- Contribution to internal/external reports.
- Batch record preparation and review.
- COSHH and SHE.
- Aiding in implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
- Involvement in GMP operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding department of Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies.
We are a dynamic global company and our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
We are growing and we are growing fast. With sites in Billingham & Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA, the size and breadth of our business will open up huge opportunities for you, whether you want to move to a different role in the UK, relocate, or progress and take on more responsibility.
Our teams are proud to partner with innovative companies reimagining what’s possible in biopharmaceuticals. Every day at FDB is a day for improvement, each challenge is an opportunity for growth, and every moment is a chance to evolve together.
Why work with us?
At FDB, your passion – your Genki – is your power and we empower you to define what Genki means to you.
When you join us, we will train, develop and support you to become the best you can possibly be. We offer a structured new starter induction programme as well as on-going development training. In addition to this, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, healthcare, bikes, dental etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
For further information please contact David Clarke, Head of PD USP Microbial Operations (email@example.com)
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on 29 JAN 2021.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.