Production Manager, Upstream Manufacturing
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Production Manager is recognized as subject matter expert with regard to manufacturing processes. Ensures delivery of production execution schedule and adherence to daily and weekly schedule. Initiates and oversees implementation of new technology and modifications to existing technology aimed at cost reduction, efficiency improvements, minimization of downtime and quality/safety enhancement. Recognizes and investigates opportunities for financial savings across a broad spectrum of operational activities. Must be able to identify and communicate improvement opportunities and results. Coordinates and leads production training and skill building. Identifies operational needs for special projects (new product subteam, capital projects, etc.) ensuring site/divisional linkage is achieved. Mentors and trains technicians, new managers and other new departmental employees.
Manage manufacturing production team(s) by:
1) Proactively and regularly develops/manages team member’s performance and capabilities;
2) Assures team activities, equipment, facilities, and personnel are operated and maintained in a state of compliance with appropriate requirements;
3) Assures delivery upon production supply schedule;
4) Develops, measures, and improves strategies within the team that are in alignment with site strategies
5) Drives profit plan targets to assure alignment with profit plan targets.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
|Major Responsibilities||% of Time|
|EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT/PEOPLE MANGAGEMENT |
· Coaches technicians in a learning culture with the goal of achieving employee empowerment and skill building
· Assists the team with development of objectives and ensures alignment with site and department goals;
· Provides ongoing formal and informal feedback to direct reports;
· Assesses employee training/development needs, assesses the maturity of the team, and adjusts leadership style to enhance team performance;
· Recognizes and addresses direct report performance
|PRODUCTION PERFORMANCE AND EXECUTION|
· Observes critical operations to ensure deviation free/ right first time performance and build skill with technicians
· Ensures equipment is maintained and operated in a qualified state;
· Ensures GMP documents are completed accurately and timely;
· Reviews and approves documents including but not limited too : protocols, work instructions, SOPs
· Creates, maintains and continuously improvement standard work and visual management tools for the team
· Oversees coordination of resources to implement suggestions/ideas of merit;
· Manages adherence to metrics, design standards and performance utilizing downtime tracking, MOE, SMED, and other available tools. Troubleshoots equipment problems, identifies need for new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment to optimize throughput;
· Ensures the execution of PAS-X orders and termination post execution
· Attends departmental and team meetings focused on equipment/process improvement;
· Provides input review and approval for atypical, observation, and execution events
· Authors safety investigations and implements corrective and preventative actions;
· Participates in internal and external audits and inspections;
· Identifies quality-related trends and facilitates implementation of corrective actions;
· Ensure compliance training is completed and technicians are qualified to perform tasks
Competencies/Leadership Behaviors/Skills: All positions require proficiency in the following competencies: Empowering leadership; Flexibility; Motivation; Functional Excellence; Teamwork/Collaboration; Results-Oriented; Problem-Solving; Communication.
B.S./B.A. degree preferred (science, engineering or other technical field preferred) plus three years of coaching/supervisory experience plus a minimum of one year experience in a related technical field. Required: some college credits or military technical training in science, engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years coaching/supervisory experience plus a minimum of 5 years experience in a related technical field.
Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills. Strong team skills, including ability to coach/develop work teams, provide training, motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict. Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities. Must be goal-oriented and able to manage risks. Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to work 12+ hour shifts, day or night.
It is expected that employees in each grade have the ability to perform all tasks of lower level positions in areas or responsibility.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.