Grade – 33-34
Salary – £36,022 – £50,646
Contract – Permanent
Post Ref – 2020ATR422
We are a trusted CDMO partner for life. At FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB), we encourage you to discover what inspires you every day, to follow your passion and your power – what we call Genki.
The work we do has the potential to transform people’s lives and to impact where it matters most. Each day is an opportunity to push the boundaries of your potential, so join us as a Production Engineer and become part of a fast-growing global company, united by Genki.
As we continue on a period of significant growth and thanks to a rapidly increasing manufacturing output we have the need for a Production Engineer to join the Biomanufacturing Excellence team to drive improvements within Operations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop a sound working knowledge of engineering processes and supporting Quality systems through experience and theoretical understanding of the purpose of each system.
- Ensures any improvement projects implemented in the FDB UK Site engineering functions consider the relevant Environmental, Health and Safety and cGMP regulations.
- Promotes use of potential problem analysis (PPA) where applicable to predict and mitigate against potential deviations affecting quality or schedule adherence.
- Regularly spend time in the workshops and facilities (GEMBA), coaching the team to uphold the standards (Production Technologist Mind equivalent). Spend time in the manufacturing facilities to provide a ‘fresh pair of eyes’ to ensure standards are upheld across Operations.
- Observes the performance of the engineering functions, determining trends and driving investigations to root cause. Uses observation to coach and mentor the teams to improve standards, deploying tools such as 5S and 5C to promote good control and leaving no doubt.
We are a dynamic global company and our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
We are growing and we are growing fast. With sites in Billingham & Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA, the size and breadth of our business will open up huge opportunities for you, whether you want to move to a different role in the UK, relocate, or progress and take on more responsibility.
Our teams are proud to partner with innovative companies reimagining what’s possible in biopharmaceuticals. Every day at FDB is a day for improvement, each challenge is an opportunity for growth, and every moment is a chance to evolve together.
Why work with us?
At FDB, your passion – your Genki – is your power and we empower you to define what Genki means to you.
When you join us, we will train, develop and support you to become the best you can possibly be. We offer a structured new starter induction programme as well as on-going development training. In addition to this, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, healthcare, bikes, dental etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 5pm on Monday 30th November 2020; firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.