Process Development Microbiologist
Billingham, Teesside, United Kingdom
Grade – 30 – 32
Salary – £23,427 – £37,056
Contract – Permanent
Post Ref – 2020ATR452
We are different. We strive for better. Our people never settle for the status quo and as you push the boundaries of your potential, you not only change your life, you change others’ too.
We are looking for people who share our passion, drive, and energy – what we call Genki. Join us as a Microbiologist in the Process Development team, and commit your life’s work to impacting where it matters most: human lives.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Research Scientist to join the Company.
The Process Development Microbiologist is primarily a laboratory-based role in the Molecular Biology department. The job role will include:
- Production and analysis of Research Cell Banks for pAVEway projects and customer supplied Cell Banks.
- Research Cell Bank Scale up and tech transfer to cGMP Microbial Cell Bank asset.
- Mycoplasma testing of mammalian cell lines.
- Bioburden testing on PD demonstration batches.
- Contamination investigation using microbiological and molecular biology techniques.
- Develop Microbiology methods and provide support to Upstream Process Development scientists.
- Support QC Microbiology with laboratory investigations, procedural updates and GMP testing.
We are a dynamic global company and our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
We are growing and we are growing fast. With sites in Billingham & Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA, the size and breadth of our business will open up huge opportunities for you, whether you want to move to a different role in the UK, relocate, or progress and take on more responsibility.
Our teams are proud to partner with innovative companies reimagining what’s possible in biopharmaceuticals. Every day at FDB is a day for improvement, each challenge is an opportunity for growth, and every moment is a chance to evolve together.
Why work with us?
At FDB, your passion – your Genki – is your power and we empower you to define what Genki means to you.
When you join us, we will train, develop and support you to become the best you can possibly be. We offer a structured new starter induction programme as well as on-going development training. In addition to this, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, healthcare, bikes, dental etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
For further information please contact by email to Chris Lennon, Subject Matter Expert (Molecular & Microbiology) (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sarah Ryan, Principal Scientist (email@example.com).
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send in no later than 22nd January 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.