People & Culture Specialist
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We’re growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside and learn from some of the most dedicated scientists, engineers, and manufacturers in the industry. We’re proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive—what FDB calls Genki. Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At FDB, you determine what’s possible.
This role is a champion of FDB’s culture and core values. The specialist will provide strategic and operational expertise to support the Global team on overall people-related strategies. Responsibility of re-building, aligning and enhancing programs, processes, and policies for all of FDB currently and through continued growth. This is a true ‘people person’ with an intense passion for supporting great teams and helping them thrive. Ensuring that all employees have the tools and support to be successful and fulfilled throughout their FDB journey.
This is a global position that will support all four sites (FDBU, FDBT, FDBK, and FDBD). This position can be based at any of our locations around the globe. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based from and considered your home site.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Help design, build and implement a progressive people strategy
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve the FDB experience: Assess current programs and propose innovative ways to improve existing ones.
- Create, monitor and track employee engagement through an FDB pulse survey platform, and developing ways to continuously enhance.
- Plan and organize the FDB Global internal events and partner with the site HR teams to ensure alignment.
- Continue to create and improve the platform to support a healthy work life balance while supporting FDB overall goals and objectives
- Analyze data to create and implement strategies to promote and achieve a culture of enriched, robust employee engagement supporting our business priorities.
- Diagnose root causes and create solutions that cultivate change, enrich our thriving culture, and assist employees in reaching their fullest potential.
- Implement longer term strategies to improve employee experiences that nurtures employee engagement to higher levels.
- Develop and deploy effective engagement surveys partnering with HR and other business functions to identify implementation opportunities and develop performance metrics to measure the success of your actions.
- Serve as an internal advisor initiating ideas across the organization that influence strategy, engagement, and a collaborative culture driving
- Central to building FDB community by collaborating and partnering with the Head of People and Culture, GLT, SLT the other business functions namely HR as an Ambassador across these organizations by driving effective communication cadences and deploying aggressive techniques to overcome obstacles to change.
- Connect with cross-functional teams to understand sensitivities, priorities, and integrate enterprise themes.
- Stay informed about developments in the workplace, understand trends, and network with others in similar positions to bring the best solutions.
- Act as a champion and advocate of company core values, missions and culture
- Support global policy implementation and compliance in partnership with local HR
- Manage through change and maintain trust and transparency across all current and future sites, levels and functions
Position will report directly to the Head of People & Culture and may take on more managerial role based on team’s growth
- BS/BA and 3-5 years of Human Resource/Culture building related experience or equivalent
- Experience supporting a team-based organization
- Experience creating and leading cross functional teams
- Thorough understanding of all employee data systems, including concepts of benefit programs, recruiting systems, HRIS system and Performance Management programs.
- Experience with employee relations preferred
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.