Materials Planning Manager
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We’re growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside and learn from some of the most dedicated scientists, engineers, and manufacturers in the industry. We’re proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive—what FDB calls Genki. Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At FDB, you determine what’s possible.
This position is responsible for delivering contracted product per the revenue forecast and establishing a central production plan. This position is also responsible for inventory levels, material readiness and various monthly reports.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for all raw material planning and procurement activities for supporting manufacturing operations
- Ensures materials are available to meet production schedules.
- Maintains adequate levels of material in support of the manufacturing organization while adhering to inventory objectives.
- Ensure Materials Requirements Planning System (MRP) is maintained commensurate with the Master Production Schedule.
- Leads timely investigations and root cause analysis for audit observations and nonconformance events associated with responsible area
- Serve as a materials leader and representative in the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- Develop processes that enhance the materials process while streamlining day to day operations.
- Report manufacturing and quality performance on a monthly basis through the use of various plant metrics.
- Provide managerial oversight of the Supply Chain Coordinators
- Leads strategic planning and supply chain projects
Reports to Director, Supply Chain
- 7+ years’ experience as a master scheduler, supply planner or materials manager
- 5+ years’ experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Bachelor Degree with a focus in business, engineering or science.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) Certification or Certification in Purchasing Management is preferred
- Experience in the implementation of a ERP system a plus
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.