Material & Lab Coordinator
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Material & Lab Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day to day activities of the Process Development Operations group as they relate to identified systems, materials, consumables, and chemicals. The incumbent serves as technical point of contact for communication with areas outside the PDO organization such as Warehouse, EHS, Procurement, Finance, and Facilities as needed.. The individual participates in regular communications with departmental and company teams and ensures delivery of information.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orders and maintains inventory of identified materials and consumables as needed.
- Assists with transcription checking of raw data to Process Development and Analytical Development reports, as needed
- Maintains common inventory of identified chemicals and coordinates with supply chain as needed
- Manages Project start-up and close-out tasks.
- Manages equipment and pipette calibration system
- Maintains KPI tracking tools as identified.
- SME for Systems such as Google Docs, Excel, MP2, LIMS
- Oversight of the Virtual Kits – track and maintain, periodic review, single point of contact for analysts, finance and purchasing
- Monitors QA systems for needs from the PDO organization. Notifies the PDO organization of pending or upcoming QA needs.
- Systems such as: LIMS, MP2, Google Docs, Excel, VBA, eBOT
- Ability to efficiently manage inventories
- Capable of developing schedules
- Understanding of process development and analytical development activities
- Familiar with the technical transfer from process and analytical development to manufacturing and quality control
- Application of LSS practices
- This position does not have direct supervisor responsibilities
- Works independently across all of the R&D functions
- Plans and develops schedules that manage competing priorities
- Effectively escalates issues as needed
Oral & Written Communication
- Publishes equipment and facility maintenance schedules
- Communicates material supply plan
- As appropriate, writes SOPs and Item specifications
Project Technical Leadership
- Proactively recognizes issues and provides solutions.
- Takes responsibility for the consequences of his/her actions and openly admits mistakes and takes actions to correct situations/change behaviors
- Puts accomplishing the interests of the unit ahead of accomplishing individual goals
- Draws from disciplines beyond own areas of expertise when solving problems and making decisions
- Translates feedback into action
- Actively shares and seeks expertise and best practices across organizational levels/functions
- Provides guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and gains their trust and respect.
- This position reports to the PDO directors with one director responsible for performance management.
- This position supports the process development organization with their associated revenue and profit plans as they relate to the on-time delivery of analytical and process development milestones.
The position typically requires a BS and 5+ year experience in a process development function
The individual should have demonstrated proficiency in the follow areas
- Developing and managing inventories
- Managing multiple schedules
- Oral and communication skills
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.