Finance Program Specialist
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Finance Program Specialist provides leadership and coordination of company revenue contract to delivery, provides customer proposal and contract review, and Program Profitability tracking. This position will perform Finance functions and collaborate with Program Management, Process Development and other cross-functional departments. This is a great opportunity for candidates interested in learning more about the business side of contract manufacturing.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working knowledge of ongoing contracts as it relates to revenue recognition and invoicing.
- Maintain program contract and MSA documentation for review.
- Maintains Resource Planning systems used to track PD resources versus sold Cost Models. Utilize systems to review utilization analysis to facilitate Finance project discussions.
- Set up new Signed client programs into the Finance and Resource Management systems.
- Maintain monthly new signed Contract Trending for management reporting.
- Maintain and review with Program Management monthly PD Program Profitability ($/Hour) trends.
- Collaborates with Program Managers and other functional groups to understand project and monthly milestone status (including attending any assigned meetings) and impact on financial results and reports variances to expectations.
- Support Program Management through review of program
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking monthly/annual revenue recognition for all projects.
- Review, draft, and/or manage Intercompany Agreements for projects where work is being performed between sites.
- Maintain Company Pricing Trends for Contracts to assist management with quarterly trending analysis.
- Generate quarterly trend analysis graphs for contract pricing for senior management review.
- Perform finance reconciliations of client projects versus internal accounting systems.
- Maintain monthly financial audit packages and serve as finance representative for corporate, accounting firm audits.
- Assist clients with information requests or reconciliation or audit requests as needed.
- Provides revenue inputs for Process Development and Stability to support monthly and annual forecasting.
- Generate Program Close Out Reports upon program completion highlighting trends and manage through final approvals.
- As assigned, review contracts to be sent to customer for pricing approval, by review of contract terms and associated cost model ROS and required resources for execution. Work to resolve any escalation comments with Program Management and or escalation to Finance management.
- Special research projects as requested
- Adhere to safety requirements.
- Adhere to all Company training schedules in timely manner
- Identify and implement any efficiency projects to improve financial or cross-functional job functions.
- Supports other requests as assigned.
- Participate in finance team meetings and other regular company meetings as requested by Finance management
- Lead meetings or projects as requested by Finance management
This position reports to the Finance Associate Director.
This position is has no direct reports
This position typically requires a BS and 1+ years experience and is an entry level position for an MS degree with no prior experience. A strong understanding of biologics drug development and/or contract manufacturing/testing organization is preferred.
The individual should have demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Strong analytical capabilities, able to process and communicate cause and effect of actions
- Experience with Revenue Recognition principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with commitment to outstanding customer service
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Team oriented person who has excellent problem solving/ judgment skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment that requires teamwork and start up mentality.
- Strong presentation and interaction skills required.
- Good understanding of program management and biologics drug development market/business.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.