Strategic Growth Business Project Manager
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
These are truly exciting times for Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies. Expectations for the growth of FDB by our owners, FUJIFILM Corporation and Mitsubishi Corporation remain high and we continue to deliver on these expectations. With our continued successes come an increasing appetite for further investment in our people, facilities and technology to help accelerate growth in order to meet the increasing demands of the Market and drive towards the BioCDMO target of reaching $1Bn revenue by the end of FY2021.
In order to ensure that strategies for growth across our various service offerings are clearly defined and communicated, the Executive Leadership Team, via the VP Enterprise Business Planning will be establishing a number of Business Steering Groups (BSGs) that will oversee the strategic direction of our core business domains globally, as One FDB. At present they are: Cell Culture, Microbial, Viral Gene Therapy, Laboratory Process Characterization and Analytical Services, Drug Product and Assembly Label and Pack, SymphonX. More BSGs may be developed as the company grows.
This is a global position that will support all four sites (FDBU, FDBT, FDBK, and FDBD). This position can be based at any of our locations around the globe. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based from and considered your home site.
|No of staff reporting to individual||None|
|Forward work plan||Up to 12 months|
The focus of the BSGs will be to forecast the anticipated demands of the market and our client portfolio, to develop business growth strategy and ensure that we make wise investments today to ensure success for our future. Working in conjunction with the Strategic Business Development (SBD) and leading a core team of functional specialists, the Business Steering Group Lead is responsible for development of the service offering, strategy and business plan to meet the MTP and LTP targets. They will provide complete, periodic, situational analyses for the service offering including KPI achievement, financial performance, asset status and occupancy along with market trends, customer trends, technology and competitor trends. Working with SBD they will influence changes to business activities, strategic growth options, including organic and inorganic growth options, specific sales activity, and specific marketing activity based on their knowledge and data collected for each BSG. Each BSG Lead is responsible for managing and influencing key senior stakeholders, in particular site Senior Leadership Teams (SLT’s.) Finally, working closely with the VP Global Business Change (VP GBC), the BSGs will track the implementation of any projects that are sanctioned by the ELT to meet the growth plans for a specific business area, to ensure commercial activities are aligned.
- Responsible (with the ELT being accountable) for the development of the growth strategy for each BSG
- Develop a charter and governance process for each BSG in agreement with VP-EBP and key stakeholders
- Responsible for the implementation of and lead on the continual execution of BSG meetings & processes
- Work with nominated SBD Lead to assemble and present market and situational analysis data to support the development of the business strategy.
- Establish and maintain BSG data and associated processes in collaboration with CBO, VP EBP and VP SBD.
- Track, collate and report operational and financial performance data for the BSG at an agreed interval.
- Manage and influencing key stakeholders to ensure the establishment and success of the BSG process
- In conjunction with the VP Global Marketing develop the BSG communication plans
- Maintain a process of collating and sharing BSG data and plans for the preparation of the consolidated FDB Business growth plan
- Track strategic projects sanctioned for the BSG, to enable product or service launch working with the global marketing team
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
Level: Senior Manager
Assessed: Business Standards & Integrity, Customer Focus, Planning, Relationship Building, Analytical Thinking, and Process Management
- Essential experience: Educated to degree level or equivalent with 8 years of industry experience with at least 3 years in relevant technology and application and ideally 2 years + working within FDB
- Proven track record of excellent Stakeholder Management
- Familiarity with the FDB global organization
- Proven ability to develop and manage processes with an “eye for detail”
- Proven presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain effective and credible relationships with key stakeholders and across all areas of the business.
- Customer centricity and strong alignment to FDB core values essential
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.