Commercial Development Specialist Lead
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The Commercial Development Specialist Lead will manage Commercial Development Specialist operations to ensure alignment of activities versus the goals of the wider Commercial Function, drive global harmonization and prioritize workload against direction provided by the Commercial Leadership Team.
This is a global position that will support all four sites (FDBU, FDBT, FDBK, and FDBD). This position can be based at any of our locations around the globe. Benefits and compensation will be governed by the location that you are based from and considered your home site.
- Lead & manage the Commercial Development Specialist Group:
- Provide direct line management to a team of Commercial Development Specialists
- Manage the workload of the team in line with business priorities communicated by the Commercial Leadership Team
- Ensure the core responsibilities of the team are defined, communicated and prioritized
- Develop/monitor group KPI’s to track performance versus core responsibilities
- Drive global harmonization and embed processes/tools required to enable a competent and effective inside sales team
- Support the FDB Commercial Leadership Team in achieving departmental and company objectives:
- Work closely with the Commercial LT and Marketing to prioritize and execute coordinated prospecting campaigns, provide visibility on the outputs and ensure leads are qualified/nurtured accordingly
- Work with the Commercial Team to monitor the health of the prospect pipeline versus sales targets/territory plans and propose actions to ensure the required pipeline is maintained. Identify/track trends in prospect volume, source and service offering breakdown.
- On behalf of the CDS Group, provide reports/inputs on prospecting and landscaping activity/outputs as requested by the wider Commercial Function.
- Establish a process for ensuring market/competitive intelligence captured during landscaping and prospecting activity is disseminated to the wider Commercial Function
- Be a key point of contact for the EBP Team to identify business critical data residing within the CRM, actively promote compliance with the CRM system and drive improvements in data integrity in collaboration with the Commercial Team
- As requested by the Commercial LT and EBP Team, support development of sales best practices and promote adherence
- Maintain a level of CDS responsibility as directed by the VP Commercial Development and as the other responsibilities of the role allow. Such core CDS responsibilities include:
- Prospecting for new business, qualification/nurturing of leads with new or existing companies who would benefit from FDB’s capabilities
- Establishing contact with new customers through persistent, professional and proactive contact via e-mail, phone and other marketing efforts
- Supporting the team as requested to schedule client visits and support the early stages of the sales cycle (in line with agreed best practices) e.g. organization of CDA’s and coordinating completion of RFI’s
- Maintain high visibility within SalesForce of activities conducted with existing and prospect accounts
- Compiling reports/dashboards/tier boards and providing local/site support as requested by the Commercial LT to support development of commercial strategy and provide required commercial inputs to the organization
- Participate in/lead sales team meetings and other regular company meetings as requested by the Commercial LT
- Highly driven & commercially minded individual who demonstrates strong self-motivation and a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building positive long lasting client relationships
- Ability to influence senior managers and leaders from across FDB.
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain effective and credible relationships with key stakeholders and across all areas of the business
- Demonstrates at least a basic understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry and service selling, with an ability and attitude to learn more advanced topics and concepts
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and resilient in the face of challenges or set backs
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.