Commercial Development Specialist Lead
College Station, Texas
- Lead & manage the Commercial Development Specialist Group:
- Provide direct line management to a team of Commercial Development Specialists
- Manage the workload of the team in line with business priorities communicated by the Commercial Leadership Team
- Ensure the core responsibilities of the team are defined, communicated and prioritized
- Develop/monitor group KPI’s to track performance versus core responsibilities
- Drive global harmonization and embed processes/tools required to enable a competent and effective inside sales team
- Support the FDB Commercial Leadership Team in achieving departmental and company objectives:
- Work closely with the Commercial LT and Marketing to prioritize and execute coordinated prospecting campaigns, provide visibility on the outputs and ensure leads are qualified/nurtured accordingly
- Work with the Commercial Team to monitor the health of the prospect pipeline versus sales targets/territory plans and propose actions to ensure the required pipeline is maintained. Identify/track trends in prospect volume, source and service offering breakdown.
- On behalf of the CDS Group, provide reports/inputs on prospecting and landscaping activity/outputs as requested by the wider Commercial Function.
- Establish a process for ensuring market/competitive intelligence captured during landscaping and prospecting activity is disseminated to the wider Commercial Function
- Be a key point of contact for the EBP Team to identify business critical data residing within the CRM, actively promote compliance with the CRM system and drive improvements in data integrity in collaboration with the Commercial Team
- As requested by the Commercial LT and EBP Team, support development of sales best practices and promote adherence
- Maintain a level of CDS responsibility as directed by the VP Commercial Development and as the other responsibilities of the role allow. Such core CDS responsibilities include:
- Prospecting for new business, qualification/nurturing of leads with new or existing companies who would benefit from FDB’s capabilities
- Establishing contact with new customers through persistent, professional and proactive contact via e-mail, phone and other marketing efforts
- Supporting the team as requested to schedule client visits and support the early stages of the sales cycle (in line with agreed best practices) e.g. organization of CDA’s and coordinating completion of RFI’s
- Maintain high visibility within Sales-Force of activities conducted with existing and prospect accounts
- Compiling reports/dashboards/tier boards and providing local/site support as requested by the Commercial LT to support development of commercial strategy and provide required commercial inputs to the organization
- Participate in/lead sales team meetings and other regular company meetings as requested by the Commercial LT
- Highly driven & commercially minded individual who demonstrates strong self-motivation and a positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable of building positive long lasting client relationships
- Ability to influence senior managers and leaders from across FDB.
- Good analytical and presentation skills
- Able to build and maintain effective and credible relationships with key stakeholders and across all areas of the business
- Demonstrates at least a basic understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry and service selling, with an ability and attitude to learn more advanced topics and concepts
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and resilient in the face of challenges or set backs
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Engineering, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field with three (3) years of experience in a fast-paced environment; preferably in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, laboratory, healthcare or related industry.
- Associate’s Degree, with five (5) years of experience in a fast-paced environment; preferably in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, laboratory, healthcare or related industry.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.