Business Development Manager – Gene Therapy
Business Development Manager – Gene Therapy
Grade – 34 – 35
Salary – £40,518 – £56,985
Contract – Permanent
Post Ref – 2020ATR350
Trusted for generations, we are a CDMO partner for life. Here at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies (FDB), passion – what we call Genki – lives inside everything we do. This is your opportunity to push the boundaries of your potential to impact where we know it matters most: human lives.
Whilst working as a Business Development Manager – Gene Therapy in the Commercial team, we want you to embrace your individuality, discover your purpose, and follow what energizes, fulfills, and inspires you every day.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the Company.
Based in Europe (remote or site based), the role shall support the VP Commercial Development in development, maintenance and execution of strategies to strengthen the Gene Therapy (GT) commercial pipeline within Europe.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Independently prospect in agreed territories, including the selection of key target customers in Europe, formulation of a sales strategy/activity plan in order to build strong personal relationships with customers and meet assigned sales targets
- Contribute to the implementation of the GT marketing strategy by independently attending exhibitions and conferences
- Arranging and leading face-to-face meetings with prospective customers, either visiting them or hosting meetings at FDB sites globally
Lead the proposal process for new projects, ensuring timely delivery and review of the proposal by the proposal writers and finance.
- Lead the negotiation of commercial agreements for process development and manufacturing projects, with support from the head of sales. This involves influencing internally and externally and agreeing terms which include intellectual property, manufacturing rights and payment terms
- The Job Holder will spend approximately 90% of their time with customers or on customer related issues, which will involve frequent travel, including overnight and occasionally in weekends.
- The gathering and analysis of market intelligence is of crucial importance.
- The role requires significant interactions with senior technical and commercial client contacts.
Requirement to define and deliver the sales messages based upon a mix of technical and commercial benefits is critical to capture new business and grow market share. A sound technical knowledge of the GT area is important to establish credibility
- Meeting customer needs requires a high level of internal and strategic influencing within the various business functions.
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant life science.
- Good technical knowledge of the advanced therapy field – preferably 3-5 years relevant experience
- Good market knowledge of the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries
- Good understanding of commercial issues, with proven negotiation, presentation and selling skills.
- A proactive attitude & ability to work highly independently.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (up to 50%)
- Tenacious – able to deal with long sales-cycles and complex decision making by customers.
We are a dynamic global company and our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and gene therapies with world class cGMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines.
We are growing and we are growing fast. With sites in Billingham & Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA, the size and breadth of our business will open up huge opportunities for you, whether you want to move to a different role in the UK, relocate, or progress and take on more responsibility.
Our teams are proud to partner with innovative companies reimagining what’s possible in biopharmaceuticals. Every day at FDB is a day for improvement, each challenge is an opportunity for growth, and every moment is a chance to evolve together.
Why work with us?
At FDB, your passion – your Genki – is your power and we empower you to define what Genki means to you.
When you join us, we will train, develop and support you to become the best you can possibly be. We offer a structured new starter induction programme as well as on-going development training. In addition to this, we offer:
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, healthcare, bikes, dental etc.
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday 29th January 2021.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.