Commercial Development Manager
College Station, Texas
- Know and understand FDB business and communicate that knowledge to potential customers experts, etc.
- Establish relationship with technical and business leaders and technical experts within FDB to ensure full and timely support for new business acquisition
- Ensure continuing flow of information to business and technical leaders about Territory, customer pipeline and new business acquisition efforts
- Follow any procedures established for Sales and Marketing team, such as utilizing appropriate forms for client meetings, following proposal approval process, providing conference feedback using approved format, following procedures for travel booking, etc.
- Meet the objectives defined in the annual sales plan
- Support Sr. Director of Commercial Development (Director) and Sr. VP of Commercial (SVP) in achieving departmental and company objectives.
- Assist in development of an overall company sales plan
- Provide regular updates on Territory and potential customers as required by management
- Help Marketing develop and maintain an attractive, timely and effective marketing message and appropriate promotional materials
- Assist in development of standard company business presentation and deliver such standard presentation at client meetings or as required by management
- Maintain knowledge of assigned territory and develop relationship with potential clients:
- Maintain awareness of potential market and business opportunities in the assigned geographic are (Territory)
- Prepare and keep current a marketing plan identifying potential customers, company pipeline, and key contacts in Territory
- Establish and maintain contact with decision-makers and influencers within companies in Territory
- Stay abreast with latest development in Territory, including rounds of financing, M&A, partnerships, clinical trials, etc.
- Keep current and potential clients informed about latest initiatives and events at FDBU, such as investments in capacity, technology, acquisitions, innovation achievements, presentations at major industry events, etc.
- Keep Salesforce database and SharePoint up-to-date
- Update Salesforce database timely with new contacts and new information about customer companies and opportunities.
- Weekly, update the status and expected program start date for opportunities with medium and high probabilities
- Maintain SharePoint folders for clients including RFP and other technical documents received from clients, proposals and revisions, blueprints and revisions, and any other relevant information
- Manage contract negotiations for clinical programs
- Manage contractual agreement negotiations from issuing the contract template to contract signature
- Assure that contracts are negotiated and signed timely
- Support existing programs
- Stay aware of program status for existing clients in Territory
- Support the Program Management and execution team as required by management.
- Stay in regular contact with clients and maintain awareness of client pipeline and any potential follow —up business; ensure that FDB is always considered for any new program from client portfolio
- Provide client with updates on new developments with FDB, such as new acquisitions or investment into capacity or technology, innovation programs, or participations in major industry events Provide business leadership for proposal development:
- Lead clients business and technical conference calls and client visits; decide on catl/visit participation and schedule calls and visits
- Lead business discussions with potential clients
- Oversee development of proposals and other responses to customers’ inquires (e.g. RNs)
- Provide guidance to Sates Development Managers (SDMs) on clients’ requirements, sensitivities, and required scope of proposals
- Ensure that proposal fully address all clients’ requests or questions, and are written in clear, proper English
- Write executive summary for proposal and deliver proposals to customers
- Ensure that proposals, blueprints are timely uploaded to SharePoint; update Salesforce upon issuing of a proposal
- Provide support to Sates and Marketing group:
- Participate in tier meetings, sates team meetings and other regular company meetings
- Provide weekly update on changes in Territory and with prospective clients
- Provide visibility to the team of travel plans, conference and event participation, and client visits
- Share information about t innovation in sales and any industry news or developments that can strengthen team’s and company’s ability to win more or new business
- Keep awareness of competitors in your Territory and share information relevant for the team Lead meetings or projects as requested by Director.
- Represent company at conferences, trade shows and other industry events.
- Develop conference/tradeshow attendance plan as part of Territory marketing plan.
- Deliver company presentations at conferences/trade shows when appropriate
- Take ownership of company exhibit/booth at conference and tradeshow; set up exhibit/booth, provide company information including innovation initiatives and industry differentiation to booth visitors, ensure that the booth is taken down and shipped at closure of the event.
- Interact with conference/trade show organizers to secure any presentation and speaking opportunities for technical or business experts
- Support technical or business experts during and after their presentations at events by interacting with audience and providing relevant information
- Actively seek new contacts with potential clients from Territory by attending their presentations and/or interacting at conference events.
- Maintain awareness of competitors presenting or exhibiting at conferences/trade shows; attend presentations and visits booths; report on new offering, any innovation projects and change in marketing or business strategy, new sales team members and new technical
- Business Standards & Integrity
- Customer Focus
- Possess analytical skills to evaluate and prioritize opportunities in their territory that are potential new business for FDB worldwide.
- Achievement and Results Oriented.
- Good influencing skills and the ability to build/maintain strong networks both internally and externally.
- Good understanding of commercial issues, with proven negotiation, presentation and selling skills.
- A proactive attitude & ability to work highly independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Continue development of technical and business knowledge about company offerings and intra-company initiatives, and sales process innovations, biotechnologies
- Tenacious – able to deal with long sales-cycles and complex decision making by customers.
- Ability to interact with customers at different levels within the customer’s organization from middle management through senior executives.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- An experienced business development professional with 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Bachelors in a relevant life science.
- Good technical knowledge of GMP manufacture.
- Good market knowledge of the biologics field.
- Be willing to travel to customers within their territory and to FDB sites in support of sales process. (Travel may average as much as 50% of time in any period and may include international travel.)
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.