Calibration Technician I
College Station, Texas
- Perform calibrations of complex instrumentation on production, laboratory and facility systems ensuring all systems and devices are calibrated in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications and FBDT SOP’s.
- Complete calibration work orders within the allotted time.
- Assist in interfacing with calibration contractors ensuring work is compliant with FBDT SOP’s and cGMP’s to maintain state of the art technology within the facility.
- Assist in maintaining all calibration records, work orders, and investigations in an orderly and accurate manner in compliance with cGMP’s by the utilization of the site CMMS and Document Management Systems.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies including FDA, OSHA, EPA, etc.
- Maintain a safe work environment; work in a safe manner following all safety SOP’s and wear Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Other functions as determined by the Calibration Department Management.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of calibration procedures and techniques, including calibration of thermometers, PH meters, pressure and vacuum gages, differential pressure gages. This will include equipment instrumentation and instruments installed in loops.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve technical problems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work with CMMS System.
- Ability to work in PLC, Delta V, and SCADA Systems.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Have a normal range of vision.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 45 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds briefly.
- Climb ladders and stairs of various heights.
- Be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
- Be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline with 1 year experience in calibration or related activities; OR
- Associates degree in a related discipline with 2 years’ experience in calibration or related activities; OR
- High School Diploma or 3 years’ experience in calibration in a cGMP, biotechnology facility or equivalent calibration related military training.
- Experience working in a biotechnology facility, cGMP or other FDA regulated Industry.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.