College Station, Texas
- Support automation personnel in daily activities and non-routines tasks.
- Perform small and medium electrical and electronic task with little supervision.
- Installing PVC conduit, EMT/Aluminum conduit, transformers, pulling and terminating wiring, installing panels, VFD’s and Switchboards.
- Provide support on a daily basis on building management systems, data historian and process control systems.
- Capable of building controls cabinets, such installing din rails, wire ways, terminal blocks, breakers, power supplies and labeling.
- Able to use tools to repair, install and troubleshoot automation infrastructure, instrumentation, valve, devices and equipment.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and industry codes.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with cGMP practices utilized in bulk drug filling, gene therapy and vaccine/viral manufacturing environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Support other project activities as required.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Conduit bending and treading.
- Understand automation protocols like: HART, Foundation Fieldbus, Traditional I/O, Profibus, Ethernet I/P, OPC and Modbus TCP/IP.
- Knowledge with programmable logic controllers, configuration, troubleshooting and operation.
- Support departmental documentation generation and maintenance.
- Capable to use, read and understand blue prints, drawings and complex operational documentation.
- Reliable, self-motivated individual with positive attitude; team-oriented with the ability to work with staff covering a variety of roles.
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to meet tight timelines and shifting priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills and a strong attention to detail. Must be able to develop, draft and correct preventative maintenance procedures for technical equipment.
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision in a schedule-driven, changing work environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point) and general computer knowledge.
- Desire to work in fast-paced, state of the art, alternately research and customized manufacturing facility.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, standing, bending, stooping, climbing and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- The ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Be exposed to noisy environments.
- Travel time up to 10%.
- Support company manufacturing activities 24/7.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Journeyman Electrician or closely related field with three (3) years of relevant automation engineering experience preferably in the biotechnology /pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with critical and non-critical utilities, biotechnology equipment and complex pharmaceutical systems are a plus.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.