Associate Director of Engineering Science
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We’re growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people’s lives. Join FDB and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside and learn from some of the most dedicated scientists, engineers, and manufacturers in the industry. We’re proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy, and drive—what FDB calls Genki. Join us and discover a community that thrives on diversity and never scares away from a complex challenge. At FDB, you determine what’s possible.
Jobs bound to propel you, inspire you, and fulfill you.
The Associate Director of Engineering Science will conduct feasibility studies for consideration of large scale capital projects. Will work with local governments on permitting for growth, building and architectural design, ordering supplies, and shipping and receiving of materials. Performs other duties as required in support of department, functional and company goals.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the Site Master Plan (SMP) and ensuring that it is current and up to date. Manage assessments and feasibility studies for prospective new and expanded capabilities for equipment, manufacturing and other requirements. These cover bulk Drug Substance, Drug Product, Finished Product manufacturing operations, and support facilities support functions like shipping and receiving and overall warehouse management. Provide technical leadership in the assessment and process design / fits for new equipment, facility and operational capabilities. Drives engineering studies to confirm process fit to plant for new processes and changes to existing processes. Provide expertise and advice to guide the activities of a major project or activity. Actively identify gaps and suggest/drive implementation of improvements in manufacturing, maintenance and overall operations.
- Provides regular updates to Sr. Leadership on strategic initiatives, key technical maps/ diagrams and plans, facility fits and investment overview. Present facility capabilities during leadership meetings and customer visits. Possibly represent FDBU at external building symposiums and work with local and state governments for regulations regarding growth. Stay on top of new and emerging technologies.
- Reporting into the VP, Operations
- Consultants may be used.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Science, or Engineering; Chemical Engineering
- 12 Years in pharmaceutical, biotech manufacturing or engineering environment. In addition, knowledge of drug product and label & packing operations would be beneficial.
- Experiences working with local and state government agencies for expansion and growth projects would be an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.