FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc. (FDBU) is seeking a highly motivated individual for a Vice President, Commercial Development, North America. The successful candidate will Co-develop and maintain FDB Global Sales and Marketing strategies aligned with FDB budget and growth plans; implement sales strategies in North America; provide leadership to the FDBU site as part of the SLT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with CBO and CBO direct reports to develop and maintain the FDB Global Sales and Marketing plan with near term, mid-term and long term goals and objectives.
- Execute the FDB Sales and Marketing Strategy within the North American territory to maximize market penetration across each of the defined FDB service offerings.
- Lead the North American Sales team and provide leadership support to European / Asian team as applicable and in collaboration with the VP, Commercial Development, Europe & Asia to ensure that the global sales team is effective and provides the best possible client experience.
- Support Commercial Directors in commercial contracts including MSA’s, CSA’s CDA’s, general contract terms etc., whenever required either by advice or by an active role and physical presence in the negotiation process to achieve business targets
- Provide market feedback from assigned territories to continually refine the Sales and Marketing messaging and strategy and support the VP Strategic business development in new areas of growth for FDB
- Provide in market support at customer meetings and conferences
- Ensure the Company Values are driven throughout the business to ensure the Company vision becomes a reality
- Provide FDBU site leadership as part of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), providing commercial insight and operational support as needed.
- Participate in Steering Committee meetings with current clients as needed.
- Allocate leads, clients, RFP’s (requests for proposal) or geographical areas to Commercial Directors to ensure an adequate distribution of the work load and commission potential in line with individual capabilities.
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Relevant academic degree (Master or PhD)
- Essential experience: >5 years of relevant senior level business (business development, sales, marketing) experience in the biopharmaceutical area and a personal network of contacts in this industry
- Insight in / experience with IP and legal issues
- Proven ability to write business documents
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and lead in teams
- Complex customer base from very small startup biotech to major pharmaceutical companies therefore the job holder must be able to adjust behaviors appropriately and operate comfortably at a very senior level.
- Be able work with customers from varied cultural backgrounds.
- Able to influence Global leaders
- Programs are almost always on a customer’s critical path there receive intense scrutiny from customers. Job holder must manage this ensuring delighted customers while protecting the business.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.