We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated Utility Operator II to operate and maintain utility equipment with highest degree of reliability. The candidate will operate and monitor the building management system (BMS) and the distributed controls system (DCS) used for controlling and monitoring the utility equipment for the site. This will also be the first response person for the BMS/DCS alarms for utility equipment.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Operate and monitor utility systems, including compresses gases, cooling towers, plant steam, chillers, HVAC, emergency generators
- Operate and monitor high purity systems, including Reverse Osmosis Units, WPU, WFI and Clean Steam
- Perform advanced preventive maintenance on the utility equipment such as annual inspections and cleanings
- Co-ordinate with vendors for routine maintenance services such as UPS inspections, HVAC filter testing, or emergency generator testing
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on the high purity systems such as routine steaming of carbon filters, weekly sanitizations of WPU and DI bottle replacement
- Respond to emergency conditions such as power outage and fire alarms
- Perform troubleshooting of equipment/system failures for root cause
- Operate and monitor the BMS and DCS; Respond to alarms related to utility equipment
- Perform chemical testing of boiler feedwater, cooling tower water, plant steam; Make adjustments to chemistry control as required to maintain pre-established parameters
- Monitor and operate the site waste water neutralization system
- Willing to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Monitor and maintain compresses gas inventories
- Adhere to all safety requirements and follow safe procedures, immediately notifying management when unsafe conditions or potential hazards exist; Attend all required safety training
- Support cGMP standards as required
- HS and 7+ years utility ops experience or 10+ years industrial maintenance experience or equivalent
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.