We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Senior Director of Human Resources is responsible for planning, developing, implementing and directing policies and programs encompassing all aspects of human resources, including strategic planning, organizational design, employment, compensation and benefits, employee relations, equal employment opportunity, performance management, employment law, compliance and human resource information systems management. They are responsible for driving and supporting a positive culture by sponsoring teams that focus on employee engagement programs, efforts and activities for the site. Responsible for the oversight of the FDBU Training Department. Responsible to the COO for the effective and efficient utilization of manpower for the Company.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
20% Policy Development and Implementation: Develop and implement human resource management policies and procedures which support the company’s objectives and comply with applicable laws and regulations. Monitor human resource programs and recommend changes to increase employee effectiveness. Design and direct programs to enhance employee morale to promote positive employee relations and to create and sustain a positive culture and climate. Participate in strategic planning, provide guidance on human resource issues, and work closely with senior staff to accomplish company objectives.
20% Recruitment: Plan, develop, implement and maintain strategy and programs to recruit and select qualified, skilled individuals from within the Biotechnology industry worldwide.
20% Compensation and Benefits: in conjunction with HLUS Shared Services, direct the development and administration of compensation and benefit programs, including base pay programs, incentive pay, performance appraisal and relocation programs consistent with applicable company policies, laws and regulations. Oversee the ongoing implementation and local administration of the HRIS system
20% Company Culture: create and maintain an environment that values and supports employee engagement and promotes a healthy organization by developing internal systems, programs, opportunities and events for FDBU employees
20% Compliance with Applicable Employment Laws: ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws in all company activities.
Oversees a departmental staff of 2+ HR employees. Additionally, responsible for oversight of FDBU training function and employees.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Master degree in Human Resources, Organization Design or Psychology preferred.
- A minimum of 10+ years in progressively responsible Human Resource positions with a minimum of 8-10 years in HR management roles.
- Excellent written, oral communication and analytical skills required.
- Detailed knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential information and situations.
Also requires a demonstrated track record in the following key areas:
- Demonstrate support of aggressive growth, improvement and profit objectives.
- Experience and success developing and working in a matrix environment
- Strong orientation for quality, compliance, business ethics and customer service
- High level of integrity and personal responsibility. Demonstrated respect for individuals.
- Strong collaboration and team building skills.
- Record of innovation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Prior Lean Six Sigma background and certification preferred.
- Demonstrated experience building high performance teams.
- A strategic thinker, able to motivate, lead and develop subordinates and the site leadership.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.