We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Upstream Process Development group is seeking a Scientist II with experience in mammalian or insect cell culture technologies. A Scientist II acts as a technical lead for the upstream component of client programs and is considered a key resource for non-project process development activities. The individual monitors ongoing experiments, identifies or resolves complex technical project issues, and provides technical leadership within the group
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for one of more client projects as a technical lead for upstream process development.
- Independently generate experimental designs, performs data analysis, and interpret data with the ability to present summaries to customers.
- Independently identify and resolve technical or project issues.
- Manage planning and scheduling for their program(s).
- Independently apply scientific and/or cross-functional knowledge to achieve project goals.
- Applies scientific best practices to internal processes and can identify opportunities for improved quality of work.
- Participates in development of new processes and technologies.
- Quality of work is complete and technically sound to ensure integrity of research.
- Ensures safety procedures and culture norms are followed.
- Proven expertise in cell culture technologies and theory. Experience running bioreactors is ideal.
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, and/or engineering and associated techniques.
- Ability to complete technical assignments by independently designing, executing and interpreting complex experiments.
- Provide technical leadership for higher level analysis involving process experimental design and data analysis.
- Ability to deliver results within defined budget, timing, and resources constraints. Considers impact on other functional areas.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment.
- Working knowledge with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, statistical packages and other associated software used in the scientific field.
- Can work independently with minimal guidance.
- Trains and provides guidance to lower level scientists.
- Provides functional supervision or feedback to junior scientists and may provide performance feedback to managers.
The position typically requires a MS and 3+ years’ experience, BS and 7+ years’ experience and is an entry level position for a PhD degree with no prior experience
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.