We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Upstream Process Development group is seeking a Scientist I with experience in microbial and recovery technologies. A Scientist I assists in the planning, conducting, evaluating, and interpreting of routine experiments. The individual monitors on going experiments and can identify, resolve, or suggest solutions to complex occurrences. A Scientist I understands and applies knowledge within area of expertise and can take a more active role in non-routine process development activities.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, conducts, evaluates, and interprets routine laboratory experiments.
- Participates in development of new processes and technologies.
- Maintains lab equipment, supplies, and records.
- Prepares or presents written summaries of data or lab activities.
- Applies scientific best practices to internal processes and can identify opportunities for improved quality of work.
- Quality of work is complete and technically sound to ensure integrity of research.
- May support technical transfer into manufacturing.
- Ensures safety procedures and culture norms are followed.
- Expertise in microbial and recovery technologies and theory. Experience running fermentors is ideal.
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry, and/or engineering and associated techniques.
- Independent planning, execution, and interpretation of routine lab experiments with the ability to assist in more advanced data analysis.
- Independent use and application of more complex instrumentation, computer systems, and computer software to support experiments.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to monitor on going predefined experiments and suggest alternatives or solutions to complex occurrences.
- General knowledge with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, statistical packages and other associated software used in the scientific field.
- Works with minimal direct supervision.
- Trains and provides guidance to lower level scientists.
- May direct technical work for one aspect of a project under the oversight of more senior staff.
- May participate on project teams to provide scientific expertise.
The position typically requires a:
- M.S. and 1+ years of experience,
- B.S. and 4+ years of experience, or
- A.S. and 6+ years of experience in upstream microbial technologies.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.