Research/Senior Research Scientist
Grade – 30-32
Salary – £23,-012 – £36,400
Post Ref – 2019ATR118
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Research/Senior Research Scientist (depending on experience) to join the Company.
The successful candidate will be laboratory-based and, working as part of the Mammalian Cell Culture, PD team, will be involved in Process Development activities (PD; from scale down mimics to pilot scale bioreactors). They will be contributing to establishing robust and reproducible upstream processes which can be transferred into our cGMP manufacturing assets.
They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
- Experience of the operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) and pilot scale (200L) mammalian cell culture bioreactors
- Experience with high throughput cell line screening technologies, such as the ambr™ systems is desirable
- Experience of mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO), preferably in a biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting
- Ability to communicate the progress of projects, both verbally using presentations and with written reports, to both internal and external customers
Education and experience
- A life science degree in a relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Experience within a mammalian cell culture role desirable.
- Experience in developing and optimising processes for the production of therapeutic proteins using CHO cells
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday, 25 October 2019.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.