Research Scientists x 3 – USP Microbial Operations
Post Ref: 2019ATR087, 134 & 140
Salary £23,012 – £36,400
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham and Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for 3 Research Scientists to join the Company.
The Research Scientist is primarily a laboratory-based role involved in microbial fermentation and primary recovery operations for the development of processes for customers. The role involves:
- Preparation and operation of a variety of Fermentation equipment, including peripherals such as pumps and balances.
- Preparation and operation of Primary recovery equipment.
- Ordering of raw materials.
- Post operation cleaning and sanitising.
- Lab book write-ups and internal presentations.
- Contribution to internal/external reports.
- Batch record preparation and review.
- COSHH and SHE.
- Aiding in implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
- Involvement in GMP operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding department of Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday, the 10 January 2020.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.