Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist
Grade: 30-32 (depending on experience)
Salary £23,012- £36,400
Temporary 9-12 months (maternity cover)
Post Ref – 2019ATR130
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
We currently have an opportunity for a Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist to join the company, initially on a temporary basis to cover maternity leave.
The successful candidate will work in a laboratory based role within the Analytical Development group, that is part of the Process Development function.
The role involves the use of a range of analytical equipment to support the development and manufacture of biopharmaceutical candidates.
- Sound knowledge of analytical methodology associated with the analysis of biologics.
- Practical experience of analytical techniques associated with biologics.
- An understanding of analytical requirements associated with process development and support to GMP manufacture.
- Ability to communicate the status and progress of project activities, both verbally using presentations and with written reports, to internal colleagues and also to external customers.
Education and experience
- A life science/chemistry degree, preferably with relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industrial experience in analysis of biologics.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday, 22 November 2019.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.