Research Scientist, MCC Upstream Operations x 2
Grade – 30-32
Salary – £23,012 – £36,400
Post Ref – ATR2018081 & 087
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham and Wilton UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue to grow we are recruiting a number of scientists in Mammalian Cell Culture Upstream Operations in our Process Development department within FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, Wilton, UK in a new, state of the art facility.
Highly motivated individuals are sought to join a group of scientists working to establish recombinant monoclonal antibody processes suitable for the manufacture of biotherapeutics.
The available positions are for Research Scientists or Senior Research Scientists based on qualifications and experience
The successful candidates will be laboratory-based and working as part of the Upstream Mammalian Cell Culture Operation group involved in the establishment and evaluation of upstream processes to produce robust and reproducible processes resulting in consistent critical product quality and yields using Ambr and XDR technology.
The open positions rely on the candidates having:
- Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
- Senior Research Scientist: A life science degree (BSc / MSc) with at least 6 years relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within the areas advertised
With technical skills required:
- Knowledge of mammalian cell line expression platforms and / or cell culture process development strategies
- Practical experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO based) methods
- Experience of operation and control of stirred tank, laboratory scale (1-10L) or pilot scale (200l) mammalian cell culture bioreactors a plus.
Key Responsibilities: detailed on the Job Description
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering, bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday, 13 December 2019.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.