Grade – 30-32
Post Ref – 2019ATR021
Salary – £22,450 – £35,512
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and executing manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas, USA the Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Research Scientist to join the Company.
The successful candidate will be laboratory-based and, working as part of a team, will be involved in cell line development (CLD; from transfection, cloning and selection of cell lines to evaluation of clonal cell lines in scale-down mimics of the production process). They will also have a role to play in contributing to the implementation of new and innovative ways of working.
Technical Skills Requirements;
• Basic knowledge of mammalian cell culture and cell line development
• Practical experience in aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture (ideally CHO based) methods
• Experience of transfection / cloning techniques is desirable
• Ability to communicate the progress of projects, both verbally using presentations and with written reports to internal and external customers
Education and experience;
• Scientific degree (preferably Biological Sciences based or similar)
• Relevant biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience within a mammalian cell culture role desirable
This role will be based at our Billingham site, however there may be a requirement for project work to be performed at our Wilton (Redcar) laboratories in the future.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- BUPA healthcare cover
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering cycle-to-work, technology scheme, dental plan etc.
- Free parking
- Generous pension scheme
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 07 June 2019. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.