QC Technician (Microbiology)
Grade – 28
Salary – £18,350 – £22,937
Temporary – (18 months)
Post Ref – 2020ATR032
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
The Technician is a member of the QC Operations Group which provides analytical and microbiological support to the Biologics Manufacturing Group. Providing ancillary support mainly to the QC Microbiology and Cell Bank Team to enable the analysis required in biologics manufacture. Ideally educated to A-level/HND/ Degree level or equivalent, but experience may be taken into consideration in replacement of any formal qualifications. Some scientific knowledge and ideally at least 1 year of laboratory based experience in a cGMP environment is required.
The job holder is responsible for following management direction and complying with the technical, operational, SHE and cGMP requirements of their work to generate high quality, relevant, accurate and timely data to support the production, characterization and allied studies on products. The jobholder will be expected to identify anomalies with data and contribute to the team objectives.
- Principle accountability; sample management, receipt and storage, ensuring all QC test samples are received, processed and stored in accordance with GMP procedures.
- Shipment of cell bank to outsource lab for analysis and environmental monitoring plates for identification.
- Perform basic analytical procedures in support of running the microbiology lab e.g. Gram staining, spread and streak plates, media growth promotion test, etc.
- Assist in cell bank analysis when required e.g preparing reagents, setting up and maintaining the spiral plater and automatic colony counter.
- Perform routine performance checks on analytical equipment such as spiral plater.
In order to fulfil this role the candidate must be flexible, self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team, but also be able to work with minimum supervision and deliver high quality accurate work. They will need to be able to build strong relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
This role requires an individual with knowledge of cGMP. Also the ability to provide a critical assessment of data, good decision making skills and effective communication skills.
For further information, please see attached the Person Specification and Job Description.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to email@example.com no later than 12 noon on Friday, 6th March 2020.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.