QC Analyst (Microbiology)
Grade – 30
Salary – £23,012 – £28,765
Post Ref – 2020ATR040
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
The role is for a QC Analyst to work as a member of a dedicated Core Microbiology team, reporting directly to the QC Microbiology and Cell Bank Manager.
The main responsibilities of this team are detailed below:
- Perform identity test of isolates recovered from environmental monitoring and other microbiological plates.
- Perform growth promotion and inhibition testing of microbiological media to USP / EP requirements.
- Work collaboratively with the facility microbiology team to track and trend organisms of concern, frequently isolated organisms etc.
- Perform routine microbiological analysis using techniques such as serial dilutions, Gram staining, colony isolation and surface plating etc.
- Document writing for example: QC docs, Spec Rationales and Stability protocols for cell bank analysis.
- Management of species and strain level identification data from outsourced labs.
- Introduction of rapid microbiological methods (RMM) to the QC laboratories e.g. MALDI-TOF for ID testing.
Successful applicants would ideally have some or all of the experience below:
- cGMP analytical activities (good documentation practices)
- A Microbiology Graduate or good understanding of Microbiological techniques with at least 2 years of experience in this field.
- Aseptic handling/technique
- A proven ability to follow methods.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for applicants who want to further expand their microbiological skills in a fast paced but enjoyable and informative environment. There is also opportunity to train in cell bank testing / management and validation of microbial methods.
In order to fulfil this role the candidate must be flexible, self-motivated and have the ability to work as part of a team, but also be able to work with minimum supervision and deliver high quality accurate work. They will need to be able to build strong relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
For further information, please see attached the Person Specification and Job Description.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme.
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday, 6th March 2020.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.