Working as part of the Fujifilm Diosynth (FDB) Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO), the job holder will project manage and/or play a significant role in the delivery of projects which are part of the FDB Global Business Change Plan (GBCP). This will involve key strategic and large matrix projects which include to varying degrees – global, multi-site, significant third party involvement and strategic client collaborations. The post holder will manage a portfolio of business projects, encompassing both development of systems and the delivery of business change (non-customer facing projects).
To be considered for this role qualified candidates MUST have 5 years of experience working within a Biotech/Pharma organization.
The GCBP is a rolling multi-year portfolio of projects that enable achievement of the agreed FDB Business Mid Term Plan (MTP)/Long Term Plan (LTP), required for long term business success. The delivery arm of the GCBP is the ePMO, which has been identified by the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) as a necessary foundation for the delivery of the high volume of transformation projects required in the FDB MTP/LTP.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent influencing skills and have demonstrable experience in realizing and driving forward a cohesive program of work, with the ability to resolve inter-dependencies across the company. The job holder is expected to have experience of successfully leading multi-stream or multi-site projects, delivering coherent, workable and ‘bought in to’ solutions. The successful candidate will be meticulous, process-driven and have first class organizational skills. Experience of relevant project management software applications is desirable.
** Relocation assistance is available for this position.*#LI-SS1
|Turnover||The proposed GBCP delivery success will be fundamental in securing the improvements required in efficiency and processes of working to grow sustainably the business as per the long term plan of FDB to achieve $1b sales in 2023.|
|Site Numbers||2500 across 4 sites|
|No of staff reporting to individual||The job holder will be directly/in-directly responsible for the management of global project teams (~between 2 and 20 people). These project teams may include both FDB employees and third party companies, and will be located across all FDB sites.|
|Forward work plan||Up to 36 months|
|Project Budget||Responsible for day to day management of project budgets $1Million +|
- Taking direction from the Director of PMO and Project Delivery – US, oversee the delivery of both strategic and operational change projects within the PMO.
- Follow the PMO ways of working to deliver projects on time, on budget and to specification
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Contribute to good customer service by ensuring the seamless transition of a project from initiation, through detailed planning and design, to implementation, and closing
- Developing a critical path of key activities, providing planning support and identifying and managing dependencies across the plans
- Identify resources and assign responsibilities. Liaise with third parties to agree responsibilities for deliverables and track progress against milestones
- Manage the project budget on a day-to-day basis. Perform day-to-day control of a project including preparing and presenting progress/issues/budget to the appropriate steering committee
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored. Track and report on project delivery and progress, and to identify and manage dependencies, risks and issues
- Provide estimates of workload and costs for activities and tasks within a project or sub-project
- Analyzing complex situations and issues, and managing stakeholder requirements. Working in a matrix-managed environment with competing change needs and drivers. Influencing a wide range of stakeholders (up to ELT level) to manage conflicting requirements, demands and priorities
- Matrix-managing teams undergoing substantial change, and building collaborative and high-performing teams through this change. Provide on-the-job training to and motivate other team members, providing support, guidance and assistance as required to meet project objectives
- Communicating on a wide level: engaging internal colleagues, external partners and business stakeholders at all levels, ensuring clarity of requirements, the positioning of proposed solutions and securing the buy-in to those proposed solutions
|· Takes action to tie up loose ends.
· Checks to ensure data is accurate and sustainable.
· Makes sure all necessary tasks have been completed.
· Takes care of both small and large aspects of a task.
|· Draws on reason and logic in making a case.
· Uses cost benefit arguments in order to influence.
· Presents arguments based on factual information.
· Refers others to source data when debating contentious issues.
· Focuses on the problem rather than the person in a debate.
|Concern For Impact||· Effectively communicates in order to influence.
· Considers in advance the impact of actions on others and adjusts actions in order to influence.
· Maintains people’s self-esteem in situations of criticism, disagreement, or discipline.
|Efficiency Orientation||· Actively seeks ways of improving current methods, systems, processes and structures.
· Finds ways to use time and resources more cost effectively.
· Points out redundant or unnecessary steps in methods or procedures.
· Actively reviews schedules to avoid unnecessary ‘overruns’.
|Concern for Standards||· Explicitly defines consequences of not achieving standards.
· Works to meet standards of excellence.
· Takes action to ensure consistent application of procedures/systems.
- 5+ years’ experience of successfully leading multi-stream projects
- Experience of mentoring project leads
- Experience of delivering training
- Experience of using a wide range of project management tools and techniques
- Change management experience
- Experience of relevant project management software applications
- Project management qualification is desired
- Evidence of continued professional development is desired
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and aptitude:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade, especially at a senior level
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to provide leadership to a project team
- Ability to effectively prioritize
- Ability to adjust personal style when dealing with different individuals
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.