We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
We are searching for a Project Engineer I, entry level position in the Engineering department of FDBU. This position will directly report to the Engineering Director, but may also have a functional reporting relationship to a senior colleague on a project to project basis. The Project Engineer I oversees the day-to-day project management activities of small to medium sized projects ($10K – $1M) for new processing or facility equipment, modifications to existing systems aimed at cost reduction, safety/quality/efficiency improvements, sustainability, and budgetary proposals for new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead / manage the execution of capital projects pursuant to project requirements
- Proactively identify engineering problems or opportunities, and apply technical expertise to develop and present feasible solutions
- Work with outside contracting firms to bring projects from the conceptual design stage to execution ensuring completion within time and budgetary constraints while delivering a high quality end product
- Coordinate and review contractor and vendor activity and interface with personnel as required ensuring all company standards are maintained
- Ensure thorough engineering standards for project execution, design, equipment standards, safety, and cost control
- Direct procurement of required equipment and materials for a specific project, including fabrication, off-the-shelf components, and custom components
- Maintain open channel of communication to manage expectations regarding project scope, timeline, progress, and required customer feedback
- Manage testing activities for projects, including mechanical and automation commissioning, installation and operational qualification
- Ensure project documents are created accurately in a timely manner and review vendor / contractor documents including datasheets, drawings, specification documents, test documents, or other project-specific documents
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Must be results driven and goal oriented with the ability to manage risks
- Hands-on active management style while maintaining awareness of team activities
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate within cross-functional teams and to upper management
- Ability to organize and present technical overviews to engineering staff, cross functional departments, and upper management
- Maintains effective relationships across functional units gaining their trust and respect
- Puts accomplishing the goals of the group ahead of accomplishing individual goals
- Openly shares knowledge/information needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem
- Exhibits professionalism and sets an example for others to follow
- Self-starter and detail oriented
- Ability to manage commitments for self and the team while displaying an eagerness to learn and continuously improve
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, Visio, and most other common applications for performing technical work
- AutoCAD proficiency is a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Biochemical preferred) or 5+ years’ experience in a similar role.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.