In this Manager role you will be responsible for leading the Automation team. You manage your team in the execution of the day to day support to manufacturing operations and monitor the performance of the department against operational goals.
You will lead major Automation projects and initiatives and ensure that the department has a solid plan and roadmap and executes accordingly. Ultimately the position is responsible for that automation systems operate satisfactorily and are upgraded timely and with high quality/high level of compliance.
You maintain and increase technical expertise and knowledge of your staff. You are responsible for the development of the employees to ensure the required competences are present in the department.
- Supporting all automation systems across FDBD
- Identify and implement system improvements and capital upgrades to maintain and increase facility efficiencies and operations
- Plan, lead and manage major automation projects and initiatives across FDBD
- Maintain and develop the automation systems in a safe and compliant state
- Recruit, develop, train, supervise, and evaluate automation engineering staff
- Ensure needed competencies are present in the department
- Manage collaboration with external consultants
- Work across FDB to help develop best practices for all aspects of the area
- Develop and implement procedures and best practices for automation change control & validation
- Previous people management experience
- Excellent knowledge of industry standard control systems such as DCS and PLCs, preference for knowledge of Emerson’s Delta V system
- Knowledge of batch process and the implementation of the ISA S-88 Batch Standard.
- Working knowledge of software maintenance in a regulated environment, preference for work experience with GMP, GAMP in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- Ability to organize personal tasks and concurrently monitor direct reports tasks / assignments
- Ability to work under short timelines within a manufacturing environment
To achieve success you will need a systematic and analytical approach and be able to maintain the general view when working on several projects simultaneously and deliver your tasks in due time. You have a collaborative attitude and enjoy a dynamic work environment. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree within process or chemical engineering, with a minimum of 5 years related industry experience.
Please upload your CV and cover letter as soon as possible and latest by January 10th.