- Manage day-to-day accounting operations to ensure there is a redundant process backup in place for every critical operation.
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for management and leadership team and provide assistance in analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions and resolving problems.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close.
- Prepare account reconciliations monthly.
- Manage all accounting systems and operations including, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Labor Reporting, and all Fixed Assets activities.
- Ensure the accounting of revenues and expenses are performed in an accurate, efficient and timely manner in conformity with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reports and related analysis in accordance with GAAP on a timely basis.
- Maintain accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and assist in defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
- Continually, improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Coordinate preparation for internal and/or external audits and ensure proper maintenance of accounting records and documentation in compliance with statutory requirements and Company policies.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling of the accounting team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Key skills including excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational, analytical skills.
- Knowledge of U. S. Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- High proficiency with and knowledge of accounting and financial management software including SAP, Microsoft Dynamics GP software, Microsoft Excel, and others.
- Demonstrated expertise in budgeting, financial forecasting and financial analysis.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work independently.
- Very organized with high attention to detail.
- Familiarity and experience with the federal government’s and its agencies’ billing and accounting requirements.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting with some walking, bending, stooping and stretching.
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required.
- Attendance is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field, with at least 8 years of progressive accounting experience, of which at least 3 years must be in a supervisory role.
- Certified Public Accountant certification.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBTHR@fujifilm.com or call 979-431-3528.