Head of Analytical Development
Grade – 36
Post Ref – R&D/0124
Salary – £49,148 – £61,435
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Head of Analytical Development within the Process Development department to join the Company.
The Individual will lead a group of approximately 50 analytical scientists based in Billingham and our new Wilton Site in the North East of England. They will be responsible for leading all analytical development activities within Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies in the UK and report directly to the Head of Process Development. The successful candidate will additionally will work closely with their counterparts in RTP North Carolina and College Station Texas, harmonising ways of working and development activities. A strong relationship will also be required with our QC departments to ensure seamless transfer of methods into the GMP manufacturing arena.
All candidates must;
- Have a minimum of 15 years analytical development experience working with biological molecules and a minimum of a relevant first degree
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing high performing teams of scientists resulting in an engaged and committed workforce
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience of successfully managing a knowledgeable customer base
- A desire to stay abreast of all developments in the area and knowledgeable in the regulatory requirements as processes travel through clinical development to eventual launch and post launch activities
- Ideally had experience of driving continuous improvement to analytical development, bringing efficiency and offering improvements
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Technology Scheme
- Free parking
- Generous pension scheme
Interested applicants must complete an application form (please do not send CV’s) and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 5th April 2019. firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.