We are searching for a General Accountant in our RTP, NC location to perform one or more of the following accounting and/or payroll activities: checks and verifies records, prepares invoices and vouchers; posts ledger and general journal entries and/or balances accounts payable and accounts receivable records. The General Accountant will generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries as required. They may reconcile difficult accounts and are responsible for a complete and systematic set of transactions in a specific phase of accounting. They will participate in the company’s capex, payroll, receivables, payables and revenue recognition processes within established financial control policies and procedures.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General ledger close management
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger accounts
- Analyzes changes in balance sheet accounts.
- Journal entry review
- Monitors accounts payable and payroll activities via review of transactions for validity, accuracy, and completeness
- Responsible for vendor management in accounting system including set-up and screening denied party lists
- Bank and cash reconciliations
- Manages fixed asset activities including tracking capital projects
- Analyzes inventory accounts and manages reconciliations
- Analyzes expenses, identifies trends, makes recommendations to management
- Supports Budgeting and forecasting activities
- Supports Financial Reporting activities such as management reporting, consolidations, and corporate reporting
- Insurance Questionnaires (as needed)
- Certificates of Insurance (as needed )
- Property Tax Listing preparation (annual)
- Income tax schedules preparation (annual)
- Prepares government reporting surveys and schedules (as needed)
- Provides Backup Support on issues related to payroll
- Special projects as assigned
- Adhere to all safety requirements.
- Adhere to all Company training schedules in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting preferred)
- Professional Certification (e.g. CPA) preferred
- 5+ years general accounting experience
- 1-2 years public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, internal controls and financial reporting requirements
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Team oriented person who has excellent judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Access, Word, and Power Point and experience with automated accounting and payroll systems. SAP experience a plus.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.