The Executive Director of Commercial Development (Advanced Therapies) will co-develop and maintain FDB Advanced Therapies (including Gene Therapy & Cell Therapy) Global Sales and Marketing strategies aligned with FDB budget and growth plans; implement sales strategies in North America. The role shall also provide leadership input to the FDBT SLT (may or may not join the SLT as a permanent member).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
All duties pertain to Advanced Therapies services i.e. excluding Large Molecules
- Collaborate with CBO and CBO direct reports to develop and maintain the FDB Global Sales and Marketing plan with near term, mid-term and long term goals and objectives.
- Execute the FDB Sales and Marketing Strategy within the North American territory to maximize market penetration across each of the defined FDB service offerings.
- Lead the North American Advanced Therapies Sales team and provide leadership support to European / Asian team as applicable and in collaboration with the VP, Commercial Development, Europe & Asia to ensure that the global sales team is effective and provides the best possible client experience.
- Support Commercial Directors in commercial contracts including MSA’s, CSA’s CDA’s, general contract terms etc., whenever required either by advice or by an active role and physical presence in the negotiation process to achieve business targets
- Provide market feedback from assigned territories to continually refine the Sales and Marketing messaging and strategy and support the VP Strategic business development in new areas of growth for FDB
- Provide in market support at customer meetings and conferences
- Ensure the Company Values are driven throughout the business to ensure the Company vision becomes a reality
- Provide input to FDBT Site Leadership Team (SLT), providing commercial insight and operational support as needed (role maybe assigned as permanent member of FDBT SLT following probationary period and evaluation – to be confirmed).
- Participate in Steering Committee meetings with current clients as needed.
- Allocate leads, clients, RFP’s (requests for proposal) or geographical areas to Commercial Directors to ensure an adequate distribution of the work load and commission potential in line with individual capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with Executive Director, Commercial Development (Large Molecules), North America and Alliance Management to ensure that clients are provided a consistent experience and accounts are not passes between CDMs unless necessary to better support the clients needs
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
- Relevant academic degree (Master or PhD)
- Essential experience: >5 years of relevant senior level business (business development, sales, marketing) experience in the biopharmaceutical area and a personal network of contacts in this industry
- Insight in / experience with IP and legal issues
- Proven ability to write business documents
- Proven negotiation skills
- Proven presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively and lead in teams
|Analytical thinking||· Develops and uses clear criteria for guiding decisions (e.g. resources, constraints, organisational values).
· Identifies cause and effect relationships.
· Thinks through the consequences of different courses of action.
· Considers pros and cons before deciding.
· Identifies root causes.
· Thinks through priorities.
· Understands and evaluates numerical data, tables, charts, or graphs to get to the cause of a problem.
· Performs calculations and combines quantitative information in order to diagnose and solve a problem.
· Develops a list of decision-making guidelines (algorithms, etc.) to help arrive at logical solutions.
· Makes sense of information by organizing it.
|Concern for impact||· Takes action to have an intended or desired effect on others.
· Effectively communicates in order to influence.
· Considers in advance the impact of actions on others and adjusts actions in order to influence.
· Acts to ensure that others will understand complex information.
· Acts to preserve longer-term work relations.
· Considers the likely reactions of others and acts to address them in planning a communication.
· Shows consideration for and responds to the feelings and needs of subordinates, peers, superiors or customers.
· Maintains people’s self-esteem in situations of criticism, disagreement, or discipline.
· Maintains people’s self-esteem when interacting with them.
|Results orientation||· Sets specific goals for self and others.
· Establishes a clear focus and direction for unit.
· Communicates clearly and concretely the results to be achieved.
· Organises and brings resources together to help achieve an objective.
· Delegates tasks to ensure that the job gets done.
· Keeps own and others’ activities focused on key objectives.
· Determines whether results have been achieved.
· Keeps people informed about what needs to be done in the light of changes in the organisation, business situation, etc.
· Takes appropriate action to achieve objectives.
· Eliminates unnecessary risks.
· Acts to avoid unnecessary distractions from key objectives.
· Applies experience and expertise to achieve objectives.
|Critical information seeking||· Seeks critical data to test a hypothesis.
· Carefully structures questions to find out more about a problem.
· Gathers key information to diagnose a problem.
· Probes for sensitive, strategic information.
· Identifies the most appropriate people possessing information relevant to a problem.
· Gets important information that others would not get.
· Gathers information from key sources in attempting to understand fully the cause of a problem.
· Talks to key people to gather information needed to make decisions or recommendations.
· Searches records or files for critical information.
· Gathers information from all key ‘stakeholders’ (i.e. people with vested interests) in a problem or task.
|Interpersonal awareness||· Sees things from others’ viewpoints.
· Draws inferences about others’ concerns and interests.
· Understands the unspoken meaning in a situation.
· Senses others’ emotional states and ways of thinking.
· Is sensitive to changes in other people’s moods or temperament.
· Detects the concerns, interests or emotions which seem to lie behind what people say.
· Is aware of the feelings of others.
Complex customer base from very small startup biotech to major pharmaceutical companies therefore the job holder must be able to adjust behaviors appropriately and operate comfortably at a very senior level.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.