We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will work under general supervision and act on own initiative. They will perform diverse and advanced secretarial duties and administrative support for the President and COO.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Gather, assembles and analyzes information and data from a wide variety of sources
- Prepares reports, manuals, agendas, correspondence and memoranda
- Obtain, prepare and retain sensitive information with the highest confidentiality
- Maintains sensitive, confidential files and records
- Prepare and arrange meetings, calls and events – set up, manage and monitor multi-party conference calls, meetings, etc.
- May coordinate large events such as All Employee Meetings, off-site events, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule executive/corporate/visitor tours
- Comply with standard record keeping/maintain highly confidential files
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner as necessary
- Receive and interact with incoming visitors
- Liaise with corporate and internal staff at all levels
- Partner harmoniously with many levels in the organization
- Interact with external clients
- Scheduling travel for executive team members
- Other duties as assigned (including but not limited to expense reports, catering requests
- Reviews and answers mail and inquiries on own initiative and determines within established guidelines if executive action is required
- Refers routine matters to appropriate parties for action and follows up to ensure proper disposition
- Communicates with executive, administrative and line management to gather and convey information pertaining to President’s office and responsibilities
- Answers telephone calls, tactfully handles inquiries and/or refers to appropriate party
- Coordinates and makes notifications and arrangements for travel reservations and appointments
- Types material in final form from rough or involved drafts which may utilize frequent use of technical terminology and statistical data
- Plans the layout of complex reports, proposals and statistical tables by request
- Operates a variety of general office equipment such as copier, calculator, printer and personal computer
- Frequent contact with customers, corporate executives, both internal and external and Fujifilm Diosynth corporate offices
- Interacts with all throughout organization
Education and Experience
- Significant experience and capability supporting a senior or executive role and operating in a global environment
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree an advantage
- High organizational and planning skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Calendar and Concur
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to make decisions at the appropriate level
- Adaptable team member
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Manage shifting priorities with flexibility and accuracy
- Expected to strictly maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion and professionalism in all activities
- Can work independently with little or no supervision
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.