EHS Technician Apprenticeship
Fixed Term – 2 Years
Post Ref: 2019ATR011
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for an Apprentice Environmental, Health and Safety technician to join the Company.
The applicant must have 2 A levels, Maths or Science related subject and a level 7 GCSE in English.
The EHS technician apprentice will;
- Work towards and obtain operating the Safety health and Environmental technician level 3 apprenticeship
- Work towards and obtain operating knowledge of the Accident and Incident Management System (AIMS) and risk assessment approach to EHS.
- Be computer literate and have a working knowledge of Word and Excel and have the ability to manipulate, analyse and present data. Manage aspects of the business data and procedural management systems to ensure full statutory compliance at business and functional levels.
- Support EHS Improvement plans and activities at functional and business level utilising appropriate tools and techniques for the circumstances.
- Aid delivery of EHS training modules. Monitor compliance to EHS training requirements.
- Assist and/or manage the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed
- Maintain audit schedules and act as an EHS support on the relevant audit processes.
- Undertake site EHS inspections and report and action findings in relevant systems and to relevant persons.
- Undertake to be site subject matter expert in a chosen area of EHS.
- The job holder must have the ability to work without direct supervision and to determine changing priorities on a daily basis, to meet diverse demands from a variety of sources, often to meet differing department needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish good working relationships with all levels within internal and external organisations are an essential requirement of the job holder.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
For further information please see the attached job description, personal profile and SHE technician apprenticeship standard via institute of apprenticeships and technical education –
Interested applicants must apply via Gateshead college website by noon on Friday, 16th August
The vacancy will also appear on the National Apprenticeship Service Web Site:
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.