We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
Our manufacturing organization is searching for a Downstream Production Manager. The DS Production manager is recognized as the subject matter expert with regard to manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will Initiate and oversee implementation of new technology and modifications to existing technology aimed at cost reduction, efficiency improvements, minimization of downtime and quality/safety enhancement. They make recommendations regarding departmental profit plan, capital planning, budget and standards development. They recognize and investigate opportunities for financial savings across a broad spectrum of operational activities. The ideal candidate must be able to identify and communicate improvement opportunities and results. They will coordinate and lead maintenance and production training. Identifies operational needs for special projects (new product sub team, capital projects, etc.) ensuring site/divisional linkage is achieved. The Production Manager will Mentor and train new coaches and other new departmental employees.
Major Activities and Responsibilities
The Downstream Production Manager will manage the production teams by:
- Proactively and regularly develops/manages team member’s performance and capabilities;
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities, and personnel are operated and maintained in a state of compliance with appropriate requirements;
- Assures delivery upon production supply schedule;
- Develops, measures, and improves strategies within the team that are in alignment with site strategies
- Drives profit plan targets to assure alignment with profit plan targets.
Employee Development/People Management
- Coaches operators and mechanics in an employee involvement culture with the goal of achieving employee empowerment
- Assists the team with development of objectives and ensures alignment with site and department goals;
- Provides ongoing formal and informal feedback to direct reports;
- Assesses employee training/development needs, assesses the maturity of the team, and adjusts leadership style to enhance team performance;
- Recognizes and addresses direct report performance
- Troubleshoots equipment problems, identifies need for new equipment and/or modifications to existing equipment to optimize throughput;
- Ensures equipment is maintained in a qualified state;
- Approve documents such as protocols, work instructions, SOPs ;
- Creates, maintains and continuously improves standard work and visual management tools for the team
- Oversees coordination of resources to implement suggestions/ideas of merit;
- Manages adherence to metrics, design standards and performance utilizing downtime tracking, MOE, SMED, and other available tools.
- Attends departmental and team meetings focused on equipment/process improvement;
- Serves as liaison between shifts, teams and other departments
- Provides input review and approval for atypical , observation, and process capability investigations;
- Reviews and approves safety investigations;
- Participates in internal and external audits and inspections;
- Identifies quality-related trends and facilitates implementation of corrective actions
Competencies/Leadership Behaviors/Skills: All positions require proficiency in the following competencies: Empowering leadership; Flexibility; Motivation; Functional Excellence; Teamwork/Collaboration; Results-Oriented; Problem-Solving; Communication.
- B.S./B.A. degree preferred (science, engineering or other technical field preferred) plus one year of coaching/supervisory experience plus a minimum of one year experience in a related technical field.
- Required: some college credits or military technical training in science, engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years coaching/supervisory experience plus a minimum of 5 years experience in a related technical field.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, technical aptitude, and problem solving skills. Strong team skills, including ability to coach/develop work teams, provide training, motivate/empower others, and resolve conflict. Must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities. Must be goal-oriented and able to manage risks. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- It is expected that employees in each grade have the ability to perform all tasks of lower level positions in areas or responsibility.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.