We are ‘Advancing tomorrow’s medicines’ and making a real difference to the world in which we live. At Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies, we partner with our clients to deliver recombinant proteins, viral vaccines and gene therapies to patients. As a Contract Development & Manufacturing Organization (CDMO), our focus is to combine technical leadership in cell culture, microbial fermentation and viral vectors with world class GMP manufacturing facilities to advance tomorrow’s medicines. We seek candidates with proven ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve optimized strategies, and execution programs with the ultimate goal of delivering products that transform the lives of patients.
The Director of Program Design will be an expert in supporting Sales in acquiring new business, particularly from the Boston Area. They will lead technical discussions with potential clients projecting Fujifilm experience and expertise in microbial, mammalian, and gene therapy focus. They will author customer-tailed proposals in support of sales. This position is open to Boston, MA and RTP, NC. If the candidate sits in RTP, NC, they would need to support the Boston area and spend a few days a month in Boston. The job holder will be responsible for providing technical support to new customers, primarily located in the Northeastern United States.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the technical lead and expert during customer meetings and teleconferences
- Prepare proposals in response to client’s RFPs
- Match clients’ needs with Fujifilm’s capabilities and provide advice on the technology for process development, analytical testing and manufacturing.
- Define program scope, siting/location, timelines and resources
- Propose program pricing based on internal guidance and pricelists
- Support development of detailed Scope of Work for converted opportunities
- Work with the commercial, process development and manufacturing teams to refine Fujifilm’s technical offering
- Support Business Development to spot and further develop expansion opportunities
- Participate at trade shows and conferences as technical expert and a speaker
- The job holder at the Director level may have line management responsibility for 1-3 direct reports.
- The job holder will be supporting around 50 opportunities a year each ranging in value from <$1M to >$1OM.
- A degree and post graduate qualification in a relevant biological science with emphasis on a gene therapy, cell therapy, or viral vectors/products;
- Good understanding of Fujifilm Diosynth business, including process development, scale up and manufacturing
- Understanding of regulatory environment and CDMO operation, process development, and analytical technologies related to mammalian and microbial expression technologies
- Expertise in at least one of the following: cell-culture-based production, microbial production, purification, or analytical technology
- Understanding of and experience with cGMP manufacturing
- Ability to analyze complex technical problems and present clear solutions
- Ability to influence customers and colleagues at all levels (inclusive of CEO/President)
- Prior experience within Fujifilm Diosynth a plus but not required.
- The job holder based in the Boston area will be working at the Fujifilm 3C site in Boston and from a home office, based on needs. Moderate travel to customer sites is required mostly within the same geographic area.
- For a position based at RTP, travel (up to 30%) is required to support opportunities in the Northeast.
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company’s ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.