Director of Downstream Processing
Grade – 36
Post Ref – R&D/0073
Salary – £49,148 – £61,435
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and executing manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham, UK, North Carolina, USA and Texas, USA the Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies global vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth, we have an opportunity for a Director of Downstream Processing to join the Company.
The successful candidate will join the Process Development management team based on the Billingham site in the North East of England. The Individual will lead a group of approximately 50 purification scientists based in Billingham in the NE of England. He/She will be responsible for leading all downstream development activities within Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies in the UK and report directly to the VP of Process Development. The successful candidate will additionally will work closely with their counterparts in RTP North Carolina and College Station Texas, harmonising ways of working and development activities.
All candidates must:
- Have a minimum of 15 years purification experience working with biological molecules and a minimum of a relevant first degree
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing high performing teams of scientists resulting in an engaged and committed workforce
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and experience of successfully managing a knowledgeable customer base
- A desire to stay abreast of all developments in the area and knowledgeable in the regulatory requirements as processes travel through clinical development to eventual launch and post launch activities
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- BUPA healthcare cover
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering cycle-to-work, technology scheme, dental plan etc.
- Free parking
- Generous pension scheme
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to HR no later than 12 noon on Friday 19th April 2019. email@example.com
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.