Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies specialise in developing manufacturing processes for customers biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products. With plants in Billingham, UK, Hillerød, Denmark, North Carolina, USA and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of significant growth we have an opportunity for a Commercial Development Manager to join the Company.
About the role
The role is based in either Hillerød (Denmark) or Billingham (UK) and your customers are primarily established Biotechnology companies. You will likely spend approximately 90% of your time with customers or on customer related issues, which will involve frequent travel, including overnight and occasionally in weekends. The gathering and analysis of market intelligence is of crucial importance.
The role requires significant interactions with senior technical and commercial client contacts.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Independently prospect in agreed territories, including the selection of key target customers in Europe, formulation of a sales strategy/activity plan in order to build strong personal relationships with customers and meet assigned sales targets
- Contribute to the implementation of the Biologics marketing strategy by independently attending exhibitions and conferences
- Arranging and leading face-to-face meetings with prospective customers, either visiting them or hosting meetings at FDB sites globally
- Lead the proposal process for new projects, ensuring timely delivery and review of the proposal by the proposal writers and finance.
- Lead the negotiation of commercial agreements for process development and manufacturing projects, with support from the head of sales. This involves influencing internally and externally and agreeing terms which include intellectual property, manufacturing rights and payment terms
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a relevant life science.
- Good technical knowledge of the GMP manufacture of recombinant proteins.
- Good market knowledge of the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries
- Good understanding of commercial issues, with proven negotiation, presentation and selling skills.
- Able define and deliver the sales messages based upon a mix of technical and commercial benefits is critical to capture new business and grow market share.
- A sound technical knowledge of the biologics area is important to establish credibility
- Meeting customer needs requires a high level of internal and strategic influencing within the various business functions.
- A proactive attitude & ability to work highly independently.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (up to 50%)
- Tenacious – able to deal with long sales-cycles and complex decision making by customers.
Please upload your CV and cover letter as soon as possible.