Commercial Development Manager
Post Ref – 201909b-CDM
Salary – £39,801 – £49,750
Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies based in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees specialise in developing and manufacturing processes for customer’s biologic drugs and offering stability studies to support customer drug substance and drug products.
With plants in Billingham UK, Hillerod Denmark, North Carolina and Texas USA our Global Vision is to be the leading and most trusted global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisation partner in the biopharmaceutical industry.
As we continue on a period of signficant growth we have an opportunity for a Commercial Development Manager to join the Company.
Principal Accountabilities of the Role
Independently prospect in agreed territories, including the selection of key target customers in Europe, formulation of a sales strategy/activity plan in order to build strong personal relationships with customers and meet assigned sales targets
- Contribute to the implementation of the Biologics marketing strategy by independently attending exhibitions and conferences
- Arranging and leading face-to-face meetings with prospective customers, either visiting them or hosting meetings at FDB sites globally
- Lead the proposal process for new projects, ensuring timely delivery and review of the proposal by the proposal writers and finance.
- Lead the negotiation of commercial agreements for process development and manufacturing projects, with support from the head of sales. This involves influencing internally and externally
- The role is field based in mainland Europe
- Customers are primarily established Biotechnology companies.
- The Job Holder will spend approximately 90% of their time with customers or on customer related issues, which will involve frequent travel, including overnight and occasionally in weekends.
- The gathering and analysis of market intelligence is of crucial importance.
- The role requires significant interactions with senior technical and commercial client contacts. Requirement to define and deliver the sales messages based upon a mix of technical and commercial benefits is critical to capture new business and grow market share. A sound technical knowledge of the biologics area is important to establish credibility
- Meeting customer needs requires a high level of internal and strategic influencing within the various business functions.
- BSc or equivalent in a relevant life science.
- Good technical knowledge of the GMP manufacture of recombinant proteins.
- Good market knowledge of the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries
- Good understanding of commercial issues, with proven negotiation, presentation and selling skills.
- A proactive attitude & ability to work highly independently.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally (up to 50%)
- Tenacious – able to deal with long sales-cycles and complex decision making by customers.
We offer a generous benefits package including;
- Competitive salary plus company bonus scheme
- Up to 35 days of holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Salary Sacrifice scheme offering bikes, dental etc.
- Free parking.
- Generous pension scheme
Interested applicants must complete an application form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday 1st November 2019.
If we have not contacted you within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.